Creating Tempo Curves

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

shabdavan

Post by shabdavan »

Hello everyone,
I'm new to Mod III and was wondering how to create tempo curves with the sequencers and drum machines. Or alternatively what is the best way to route the sequences into logic to make use of the easy tempo curve facility there? thanks
shabdavan

Post by shabdavan »

Maybe this is more difficult than I imagine? I simply need to control the midi clock (bpm thing) inside the modular with an external signal input from logic. In other words when I press play in logic the drum machine should start to play also and change in tempo according to the tempo curves I have created in logic.

anybody???

shab
j9k

Post by j9k »

bring out a midi clock mdl and hook the midi in on the modular to it and hit the external button!!!

jkkkkkkkkk
shabdavan

Post by shabdavan »

you legend thankyou. I'll try this tomorrow.
braincell

Post by braincell »

One thing missing from sequencers is the ability to have more than one tempo. The only way around this I could figure out is to use samples for other tempos, which is tedious. I love to hear gradual tempo changes over a steady tempo.
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

Samplitude Pro has that.
valis

Post by valis »

Cubase SX, Nuendo and Logic all have the ability to modify tempo on the fly. They each have their own method, I believe Sonar is able to do this too but am not 100% positive.
shabdavan

Post by shabdavan »

Yee Haw! I love this machine. It's great to have the pattern sequencer in sync to logic. Logic + Pulsar Modular - it's the DAW of my dreams.

don't let anyone convince you that your dreams can't come true.
shab
wayne

Post by wayne »

welcome, fellow Perth Pulsarian :smile:
at0m

Post by at0m »

My songs have a Ramp track, I put a recorded/rendered Saw Up on a track in Cubase. This works only for Flexor sequencers, but its perfect sync :smile:
shabdavan

Post by shabdavan »

I'm not finding any problems synchronising seq and logic. Logic has an easy way to apply a small delay to the song/track in the case the seq starts slightly later than logic. When I press play in logic the seq plays and when I press stop the seq stops, but when I press stop again (which resets logic back to bar 1) the seq stays where it is and doesn't follow logic back to the beginning. This isn't too bad because I just have to go back and reset the seq myself but it would be good if it did it automatically when I press stop in logic.

I'm really impressed with the Modular III. It's simply an amazing musical instrument. I wish I could go back in time and give one to Bach.

p.s. hi wayne.