What do you want to know about Scope 5 / Xite-1?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dawman

Post by dawman »

Soniccore has wisely chosen the path of evoltuion, while being quite revolutionary at the same time.

I won't have to learn new methods of programming and waste valuable time.

I simply will be add to an already incredible enviroment, and go forward.

As Astro has considerately pointed out, we have the best support available.

Moderators, and members here are helping each other out of the love of music, and pride from owning Creamware's older cards.

All questions recieve immediate answers on a global basis where time zones interconnect. I was at a gig once and encountered a problem I caused by human error, and I recieved an answer within minutes, which is incredible if you were in my shoes.

While VST developers chase the big sequencer guys around and waste valubale research time trying to make sure their crap works w/ Steinbergs, etc. We are continuously expanding all while having previous owners included. You just can't get that kind of support or quality anywhere. That alone is worth the asking price.

I thank my lucky stars that I am blessed by all involved here, and at Soniccore.

I shall follow this path until the trail ends, and spread the quality and truth of superior weapons the whole way.

I take my sound quite seriously, and pity the poor bastards that have to share a stage w/ me. They have chosen inferior equipment.

Who knows, maybe Soniccore will market this product a little more this time around. I heard they had a fine babe at the booth. So already I see there is hope.

Dim lights, low angled camera's, and high skirts,....how can one not get XITE'd?
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

lagoausente wrote:I just have one doubt. PCMCIA will be discarded?
it seems so, at least. ExpressCard is the (near) furure, as is PCIe...

-greetings, markus-
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
mr. prawn

Post by mr. prawn »

i know its only superficial, but will mod3 share the new black & white color scheme? that would be nice.
mr. prawn

Post by mr. prawn »

cheers stardust. oh well, the routing window & those new effects look nice, anyway. im happy they have updated the look at least a little.
husker

Post by husker »

kylie wrote:
lagoausente wrote:I just have one doubt. PCMCIA will be discarded?
it seems so, at least. ExpressCard is the (near) furure, as is PCIe...

-greetings, markus-
My 2 year old first-gen dualcore ASUS laptop ONLY has ExpressCard, no PCMCIA (same with Apple for the last 2 years) - so not exactly the future...

What everybody has been waiting for is killer devices to plug into the damn ExpressCard slots - and it doesn't get more killer that the Xite-1 :D

Can anyone answer whether Xite is ExpressCard 34 or ExpressCard 54? I assume 34 for Apple compatibility....
ScofieldKid

Post by ScofieldKid »

Mac OS X is something I would want to use with this. So has anyone actually seen it running on OS X yet?
kwild

ADD a MASTER/SLAVE switch in XTC mode into ASIO Panel

Post by kwild »

PLease add into the ASIO SCope panel in XTC Mode a switch to select the sync Master/Slave with external clocks!
In XTC mode u can not do that if before you don't save the XTCProject.pro as Slave or Master.
Software like Sonar 7.02 don't sync with external clocks in XTC mode!!!!!!!!!
Please find a workaround or maybe contact Cakewalk coz seems a fault of ASIO implementation of Sonar (reaper syncs well if u save the XTCProject.pro as Slave before using external clocks).
Anyway is better to switch Master/Slave into a DAW via ASIO control panel than closing DAW,open SFP,changing XTCProject,saving,closing SFP and restarting DAW!!!!!!!!!!!
hollo321

Post by hollo321 »

around what will be the price for a pci express project(6 dsp) card go for in the future?
Marvin

Post by Marvin »

ScofieldKid wrote:Mac OS X is something I would want to use with this. So has anyone actually seen it running on OS X yet?
No, because they couldn't finished the Mac OS version in time for the Messe, but it's definitly on the way
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

thats terrific news
Marvin

Post by Marvin »

legros wrote:thats terrific news
Don't panic, it will be released together with the PC version. SC just decided not to show the Mac version at the Messe because they had a very fresh version just an evening before Messe starts and couldn't test it therefore. And you know, if you are going to show such a big new possibility in Scope history it should be working well and therefore has to be tested enough. Remembering Bill Gates presenting a new version of Windows when it crashes :P
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

Don't panic
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Marvin, dude

it's like

aw ferget it

I'm just gonna wake up every day and check out news on the Sonic Core front until we get to taste some part of the thing :)
Marvin

Post by Marvin »

legros wrote: I'm just gonna wake up every day and check out news on the Sonic Core front until we get to taste some part of the thing :)
That's the way for all of us in these days, right? Couldn't wait any longer and that's what I just have written in a mail to Ralf :D
Cure for us is hopefully near.
Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko »

Riiiiight

Give Us The Body Of Ralf :D
ScofieldKid

Post by ScofieldKid »

The Mac OS X stuff is very good news to me.

I think it is obvious, but I'll repeat it here... the Mac is a very popular Music/Audio platform. So I think this kind of support is really a smart move on the part of SonicCore. Excellent news.
hubird

Post by hubird »

garyb

Post by garyb »

:)
ScofieldKid

Post by ScofieldKid »

Aw, I'll bite. We got an incredible deal on these MacBook Pro's over here on the day we bought them.

In fact, one kid bought one at the sale, and then posted it immediately on Ebay and made $800 selling it.

I'll agree that Apple hardware is overpriced. Their margins are the highest in the industry.
hubird

Post by hubird »

not only because of just that.
you made a helppost in Neil's problem thread, http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=24750
those kinda troubles are the real thing why someone sticks to his mac...
Me$$iah

Post by Me$$iah »

Well the day is approaching.

I guess everyone is counting down.

So now the questions I want to know the answers to are :-

So when we all rush out to get our brand new hardware, then, is it gonna plug into my old computer. Am I gonaa need to go out and buy another just for the Xite?
Are we all gonna be upgrading to Vista ready, quad octocore motherfuckers with 10,000 gigs of RAM*

I mean I guess I'll have to remove the Scope cards already in there first, I guess they'll make a home in another computer somwhere, and ADAT to the Xite, I wonder what I'll run off them.....??

But essentially is my main DAWg gonna be a sucessful host.

Also.......

I love the VDAT but would love to edit audio within scope, so with this in mind will there be an audio editor available for VDAT?

thats all really

Oh yeh.....and......
When can I get one.... I want now ... now I tells ye.....NOOOOOWWWwwwww

Ive told myself a million times...."do not exagerate"