What do you want to know about Scope 5 / Xite-1?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

dbmac

Post by dbmac »

Good. Maybe there's still time to add zlink i/o to xite.

/dave
wolf

Post by wolf »

Warp69 wrote:I am able to answer some of these questions, but I dont think Im allowed to do so. If Sonic Core decides to answer those questions tomorrow I would imagine that the information is public.
dito.

What I can say is that I'm trying my best to support the mac side of scope.
(And those who know me can estimate the possibilities.)

It was really nice to meet all the guys from SonicCore .. I was especially amazed to see faces re-arriving, I know from up to 7 years ago.
All of them are really enthusiastic & still completely convinced by the platform after all the time gone down the road.
Believe me they did a lot to get that ready a year before it was intially planned !

cheers,
Wolfgang
dante

Post by dante »

My questions mainly centre around the new platforms co-existance within the studio / live environment:

. Will it be possible for the routing window to include non S/C hardware MIDI I/Os without the need for a host application ?

. Will Platform 5 add XITE and exiting PCI cards together ? If not, will you still be able to use Pulsar / Luna I/Os in the same project as a 140DSP XITE ?

Having so many DSP in a portable box that can hook to a PC or Laptop with same projects on both machines will be great, but if hooked to the PC then I would want to use existing SCOPE I/Os connected to that PC, since I understand the XITE has only 1 lightpipe IO.
sunset070

Post by sunset070 »

different PCIE host card for who have PCIE 1,4 and 16 x model for the mac user
lagoausente

Post by lagoausente »

Well, some questions have been already answered by Marvin in the other thread, like cannot run the old cards inputs with the Xite-1 at time.

Since we already know that the Xite has onboard RAM, that seems to mean that pci bandwith will be not an issue. So my first question is:

1- Could be a PCMCIA card (futhermore the Expresscard one) for the Xite-1 or at least for the reduced version of the Xite-1? That would mean more affordable in two aspects. Much people wouldn´t need to buy a new laptop, and the reduced Xite version would make it quite affordable.

2- Have in mind to develop new sampler compatible with formats so popular like giga?

3- Will be developed the convolution?
Just that. Other questions have benn already done.
hubird

Post by hubird »

about (2) and (3), if they are planning it, they won't tell us.
no company would, unless it's already coming - for the talk :-)
astroman

Post by astroman »

I refer to Warp69's and Wolf's statements above.
The Xite is scheduled for delivery in May, so there are last minute changes (as usual)...
SonicCore recently handled customer information in a very honest and open way - there's nothing withheld to fool the public.
I found few reasons to squeeze more out of them that they provided themselves... ;)

My most important impression from their booth is similiar to what Wolf describes - there is a true spirit of openess and motivation through all the company.
That was more impressive than a few DSP specs - ok, heard it through the grapevine that the chip was already guessed pretty close (if not identical) - sorry those numbers are all quite similiar - and as mentioned elsewhere it's not a TigerSharc.

There is RAM onboard, but not as us regular folks might (want to) expect the million-selling cheapo sticks from the PC retailer.
It's much more expensive due to certain specs depending on the Analog Devices memory controller.

Didn't ask about PCI bandwidth as Legros fooled me too in his brilliant post.
I took his first figure in the 50 region for real and considered the rest a joke - but well, now that's left open :lol:

One might already guess it from SonicCore's public appearance, but talking face to face revealed a clear change in company policy compared to the predecssor(s).
That's what brought people back.
There will be more low level coding from external side and they are (seriously) aware about protection of intellectual property - not just about their own, but also 3rd parties.

I don't see a real problem about coding of whatever convolution, sampler or whatever you imagine.
SonicCore will have a rigorous quality control, though - as quality is what makes this platform outstanding.
They do listen to ideas... but will make it clear from the first moment on that there is no space left at all for any non-well-thought-or-might-work-I-dunnowhat-greatest phantasies.

It's a small company, it got to be focussed - they have a reputation to be preserved... and to be extended on the leading edge.
They are reasonable about their resources, so don't be dissapointed if they seem to slow down enthusiasm occasionally.

The Xite-1 is the kernel around which a new and extended version of SFP can grow
They really listened to user's suggestions about mobility, direct connections and all that stuff - and they do read this board... ;)
It's your ideas (a lot of) that made it's way into the box.
That it cannot be all (and fit every possible variation) is simply for economic reasons. But things are taking up momentum... :D

cheers, Tom
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

astroman wrote:My most important impression from their booth is similiar to what Wolf describes - there is a true spirit of openess and motivation through all the company.
Nice post, Tom. There's definitely been vastly more momentum coming out of SoniCore since Creamware was binned.

For me it's so good to know the guys at S-Core are moving forward precisely and decisively. Good and interesting times. :)

ns
cannonball

Post by cannonball »

hi
i know this is a superfluous request
but why not 8 in with preamp, 2 with hiZ the others 6 with xlr and 48 volts,could be a very actrative move for bizness/marketing,
imagine xite 1 with 8in on fron panel and adat aesebu on rear panel etc. , with a laptop

Ale
lagoausente

Post by lagoausente »

One might already guess it from SonicCore's public appearance, but talking face to face revealed a clear change in company policy compared to the predecssor(s).
That's what brought people back.
Well, this are maybe the best news of all.
I don't see a real problem about coding of whatever convolution, sampler or whatever you imagine.
SonicCore will have a rigorous quality control, though - as quality is what makes this platform outstanding.
They do listen to ideas... but will make it clear from the first moment on that there is no space left at all for any non-well-thought-or-might-work-I-dunnowhat-greatest phantasies.
Awesome that the new baby leaves open new options. Awesome that they read this forum, in this sense is nice that they are a small company.
It´s logical that they filter our phantasies. It´s easy to dream, no so easy to build this type of technology and to code anything.
The Xite-1 is the kernel around which a new and extended version of SFP can grow
They really listened to user's suggestions about mobility, direct connections and all that stuff - and they do read this board...
It's your ideas (a lot of) that made it's way into the box.
That it cannot be all (and fit every possible variation) is simply for economic reasons. But things are taking up momentum...
I have to say that I can confirm 100% that. I wrote an email to the previus support email some years ago about if they had in mind to develop a DSP machine that could be conected directly to a laptop. They replied that had in mind some type of project not concreted with this features. On that moment, I thought that was only words, but time told that the project was real,and here it is.
:)
I just have one doubt. PCMCIA will be discarded?
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

Johannis wrote:A16 has a "expantion slot" for future development as stated on the SC website. " You are prepared for the future"
well, if so, the future did not (yet) made it into the XLR edition of the A16U, since it's lacking the expansion slot. something that might change, of course, but then, it was presented not so long ago before the announcement of XITE, so one might assume they did not plan to hook it via XTDM, and since Z-Link is not part (yet) of XITE, there's only adat as the least common denominator.

-greetings, markus-
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Soniccore has wisely chosen the path of evoltuion, while being quite revolutionary at the same time.

I won't have to learn new methods of programming and waste valuable time.

I simply will be add to an already incredible enviroment, and go forward.

As Astro has considerately pointed out, we have the best support available.

Moderators, and members here are helping each other out of the love of music, and pride from owning Creamware's older cards.

All questions recieve immediate answers on a global basis where time zones interconnect. I was at a gig once and encountered a problem I caused by human error, and I recieved an answer within minutes, which is incredible if you were in my shoes.

While VST developers chase the big sequencer guys around and waste valubale research time trying to make sure their crap works w/ Steinbergs, etc. We are continuously expanding all while having previous owners included. You just can't get that kind of support or quality anywhere. That alone is worth the asking price.

I thank my lucky stars that I am blessed by all involved here, and at Soniccore.

I shall follow this path until the trail ends, and spread the quality and truth of superior weapons the whole way.

I take my sound quite seriously, and pity the poor bastards that have to share a stage w/ me. They have chosen inferior equipment.

Who knows, maybe Soniccore will market this product a little more this time around. I heard they had a fine babe at the booth. So already I see there is hope.

Dim lights, low angled camera's, and high skirts,....how can one not get XITE'd?
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

lagoausente wrote:I just have one doubt. PCMCIA will be discarded?
it seems so, at least. ExpressCard is the (near) furure, as is PCIe...

-greetings, markus-
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
mr. prawn

Post by mr. prawn »

i know its only superficial, but will mod3 share the new black & white color scheme? that would be nice.
mr. prawn

Post by mr. prawn »

cheers stardust. oh well, the routing window & those new effects look nice, anyway. im happy they have updated the look at least a little.
husker

Post by husker »

kylie wrote:
lagoausente wrote:I just have one doubt. PCMCIA will be discarded?
it seems so, at least. ExpressCard is the (near) furure, as is PCIe...

-greetings, markus-
My 2 year old first-gen dualcore ASUS laptop ONLY has ExpressCard, no PCMCIA (same with Apple for the last 2 years) - so not exactly the future...

What everybody has been waiting for is killer devices to plug into the damn ExpressCard slots - and it doesn't get more killer that the Xite-1 :D

Can anyone answer whether Xite is ExpressCard 34 or ExpressCard 54? I assume 34 for Apple compatibility....
ScofieldKid

Post by ScofieldKid »

Mac OS X is something I would want to use with this. So has anyone actually seen it running on OS X yet?
kwild

ADD a MASTER/SLAVE switch in XTC mode into ASIO Panel

Post by kwild »

PLease add into the ASIO SCope panel in XTC Mode a switch to select the sync Master/Slave with external clocks!
In XTC mode u can not do that if before you don't save the XTCProject.pro as Slave or Master.
Software like Sonar 7.02 don't sync with external clocks in XTC mode!!!!!!!!!
Please find a workaround or maybe contact Cakewalk coz seems a fault of ASIO implementation of Sonar (reaper syncs well if u save the XTCProject.pro as Slave before using external clocks).
Anyway is better to switch Master/Slave into a DAW via ASIO control panel than closing DAW,open SFP,changing XTCProject,saving,closing SFP and restarting DAW!!!!!!!!!!!
hollo321

Post by hollo321 »

around what will be the price for a pci express project(6 dsp) card go for in the future?
Marvin

Post by Marvin »

ScofieldKid wrote:Mac OS X is something I would want to use with this. So has anyone actually seen it running on OS X yet?
No, because they couldn't finished the Mac OS version in time for the Messe, but it's definitly on the way