Use Audio welcome: 25 Shop Plugins for the price of one

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

it would be interesting to know how many voices the plugiator can squeeze out of minimx pro12 and prodyssey.

I guess similar specs than klangboxes
as the price is in a same range.
firubbi

Post by firubbi »

looks good. great deal for new users...
wish sonic core also come up with new gear by xmas :P
Holger Drenkelfort

Post by Holger Drenkelfort »

Dear community,

I have to clarify: There is no cooperation between Sonic Core and indsp
or used audio. And none of the former creamware owners are involved with
Sonic Core. Sonic Core does not agree with this offer of SCOPE plug-ins
and we do not agree with the related contents on www.use-audio.com.
We are not responsible for, and will not support, products offered
by indsp or use audio.

Merry christmas to all of you!

Holger Drenkelfort
SONIC CORE GmbH
dawman

Post by dawman »

Used Audio ?............................... :lol:

Ankyuvarymush......Obviously a Fruedian Slip.

Happy Holidays to the Soniccore Team.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Thank You for clarifying Holger Drenkelfort. Now many of Sonic Core SCOPE users won't have confusion.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Also, Happy Holidays Sonic Core!
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

pretty strange stuff for christmas time...
dbmac

Post by dbmac »

I'll say. Things suddenly look ominous.

/dave
astroman

Post by astroman »

scope4live wrote:Used Audio ?............................... :lol:
Ankyuvarymush......Obviously a Fruedian Slip...
and another one
maybe the box is named Plugiator with a slight note of 2nd thought... :P
(at least German readers might get the idea)

kidding, Tom
what was that Genesis tune ? ...Selling England by the Pound ?
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

The Use-audio deal is of no use to me as I upgraded to Scope 4.5 and the only upgrade from the use-audio bundle is Prodyssey and the Arp thingy (was pro-tone part of 4.5?). OK, this will be more expensive to buy from Soniccore than Use-audio but it is only a few quid. I would only buy Prodyssey if it was a bit cheaper (nice if it was in the Xmas promo).

It would be great if Holger&Co could come up with new plug-in synths, after all the creamware stuff is pretty old and they could charge a proper fee and it wouldn't be use-audio property as well!

I'm sure if they worked with JB as well (they are with solaris anyway) -the sky is limit!

I don't think they should get too stressed about what use-audio are doing.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Unless they release an ASB Mixer. :lol:
hubird

Post by hubird »

strav100 wrote: I don't think they should get too stressed about what use-audio are doing.
yeah, hence Holger made his public (unusual) statement about the offer on planetz...don't be naive...
inDSP Frank
Creamware Founder

Post by inDSP Frank »

Most of what Holger said is correct. Use Audio products are supported by Use Audio and their distributors, certainly not by Sonic Core. And although they own the same technology, the companies are not related. Sonic Core and Use Audio will each have their own agenda, which was explicity desired and agreed within the joint move to aquire the technology from CreamWare. But I wonder why Holger suggests that Sonic Core has to agree with what inDSP or Use Audio are doing, as it contradicts the clear contractual understanding that both parties are free to move ahead on their own.

Having two companies follow up CreamWare’s legacy should be a very good thing for the SCOPE community. John’s keyboard is a great product, as is the Plugiator, so today there are already two neat products offerings where otherwise there would have been just one. I can not even see that these products would compete, as these are just two entirely different products.

With more investments, more R&D and more products, the community will gain new room to grow which is again beneficial to the two companies and all third parties in the field. I genuinely believe that a certain degree of competition is good foor everyone, as it makes the public catch more attention to look into the “SCOPE way of life”. Not too many companies are doing modular DSP anyway, and there is still a lot of potential for innovation in that field.

After all it takes balls and idealism for a company to get into such heavy technology business, where the only thing you can really be sure of is your immense cost for R&D. I respect Sonic Core's business, and expect the same from them.

Best regards, Frank
maky325

Post by maky325 »

Yep! Wish you all nice results in future. Bring some nice products to users.

Merry Christmas to all. Sonic Core, Use Audio an all people here...
King of Snake

Post by King of Snake »

inDSP Frank wrote:Most of what Holger said is correct. Use Audio products are supported by Use Audio and their distributors, certainly not by Sonic Core. And although they own the same technology, the companies are not related. Sonic Core and Use Audio will each have their own agenda, which was explicity desired and agreed within the joint move to aquire the technology from CreamWare. But I wonder why Holger suggests that Sonic Core has to agree with what inDSP or Use Audio are doing, as it contradicts the clear contractual understanding that both parties are free to move ahead on their own.

Having two companies follow up CreamWare’s legacy should be a very good thing for the SCOPE community. John’s keyboard is a great product, as is the Plugiator, so today there are already two neat products offerings where otherwise there would have been just one. I can not even see that these products would compete, as these are just two entirely different products.

With more investments, more R&D and more products, the community will gain new room to grow which is again beneficial to the two companies and all third parties in the field. I genuinely believe that a certain degree of competition is good foor everyone, as it makes the public catch more attention to look into the “SCOPE way of life”. Not too many companies are doing modular DSP anyway, and there is still a lot of potential for innovation in that field.

After all it takes balls and idealism for a company to get into such heavy technology business, where the only thing you can really be sure of is your immense cost for R&D. I respect Sonic Core's business, and expect the same from them.

Best regards, Frank
still very strange to have two companies with different agenda's but selling the same products (the plugins) don't you think?
astroman

Post by astroman »

inDSP Frank wrote:... But I wonder why Holger suggests that Sonic Core has to agree with what inDSP or Use Audio are doing, as it contradicts the clear contractual understanding that both parties are free to move ahead on their own...
well, it's obvious he doesn't appreciate a Time-Limited SCOPE Plug-In Bundle Offer for 195 Euro to save 2.500 ;)
it's also obvious that support requests for that bundle might show up at Sonic Core - we all know the world's become a small place since fast international lines...

The Plugiator box is certainly the kind of competition users appreciate - the promotional bundle offer is clearly to devaluate a competitor's (?) portfolio.
But I'm pretty sure, that's perfectly covered by (whatever) legal regulations.

People already asked themselves how it might work out that 2 different companies have a partly identical product catalog, or the right to exploit the latter.
Now the cards are open, so to say... ;)

merry christmas to everyone, Tom :D
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

I think these problems have to be solved internally between Frank and Holger.

I agree with Frank that some rivaling is good.

This is the case with the the plugiator as an independant product with different consumer market as scope is.
And I think nobody would run in problems if inDSP or use-audio would develop new plug-ins for the scope platform and sell them independently.

But the plug-in bundle as it is offered is overlapping with current Soniccore Scope portfolio and so it is an extreme price dumping and a kick in soniccores ass, rudly spoken. :P
dawman

Post by dawman »

Evolution on a grand scale 4 sure.

With AMD and Intel. AMD was the underdog.

Soniccore and inDSP, I don't see an underdog, but it is afterall a good game.

As we say here in Nevada, Holger is being forced to call Franks obvious bluff, in other words, up the ante, show his hand, etc.

Definately A Happy New Year. :D
firubbi

Post by firubbi »

2008 will be very unpredictable for indsp,sonic core and for us.

happy xmas.
happy new year.
HUROLURA

Post by HUROLURA »

Still find this news a bit confusing ...

I first thought the deal between SonicCore and InDSP would be that:
- InDSP would take the ASB/Klangboxes line of product and further enhance it trhough new products (ASX board and now Plugiator) which was logic as InDSP seem to have design the latest hardware products from CreamWare (ASB and Klangboxes).
- SonicCore would take the Scope DSP board platform and further enhance it (the Scope 5 announcement seems to go in this direction).

Then John Bowen told us he saw ASB being produced by SonicCore while he visited them ...
And now the Use-Audio company offers a plug-in pack for Scope cards !!!

Do both companies have right to sell the same products ?

Merry Christmas to you all anyway.

CheerZ

HUROLURA

PS: my own first plug-in for Scope, the OSS 107 is just available for FREE ;)
http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=23873