Use Audio welcome: 25 Shop Plugins for the price of one

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

inDSP Frank
Creamware Founder

Use Audio welcome: 25 Shop Plugins for the price of one

Post by inDSP Frank »

As a welcome to the SCOPE user base, Use Audio has a special bundle available which sports an array of 25 of the best SCOPE devices for just 195 EUR

www.use-audio.com
borg

Post by borg »

:o :o :o

i wish you all the best Frank, but i wonder what this is gonna do to the relationship between inDSP and SonicCore?
Those are incredible prices (both plugin pack and plugiator). Too bad i already have all of them...
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
the19thbear

Post by the19thbear »

yeah,,, i was wondering as well..
do i smell competition?? or coorporation??
anyways.. i will benifit no matter what :D

the plugin package is dirt cheap.. but i dont need any new plugs, but if i did, now was the time to buy!!
and that little plugin box looks WAY cool! and it doesnt really cost anything!!! i can run 8 soft synths at the same time??
that has gotta be something more powerfull than SHARC dps's!!!
SCOPE IS ALIVE!!!
breitner

Post by breitner »

the19thbear wrote:yeah,,, i was wondering as well..
do i smell competition?? or coorporation??
anyways.. i will benifit no matter what :D

the plugin package is dirt cheap.. but i dont need any new plugs, but if i did, now was the time to buy!!
and that little plugin box looks WAY cool! and it doesnt really cost anything!!! i can run 8 soft synths at the same time??
that has gotta be something more powerfull than SHARC dps's!!!
SCOPE IS ALIVE!!!
I think you have to check the ASX expansion for technical details. The box seems to be a controller with the ASX card inside. So, in my understanding you can only play one soft synth at a time.
breitner

Post by breitner »

I wonder what Sonic Core´s reply to this will be. Buying one of their Scope plugins from their website is no option when this offer stands. Even I feel cheated! Is this a way of pressing the last juice from the Scope orange?
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

the19thbear wrote:i can run 8 soft synths at the same time??

SCOPE IS ALIVE!!!
No, it says only one at time, that you load with a button. Practically it's a boxed ASX.
Very clever idea, you don't have to buy a CME if you don't need it.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

i don't really get the relationship between inDSP and SonicCore - is there one? Or are they not in any communication with one another and completely independent? i'm surprised that they can sell the same devices even if they 'share' the CreamWare technology. i mean could both develop a new card and new Scope? Which would we go for? i'm very confused.
garyb

Post by garyb »

i'm keeping my mouth shut, but it's obvious that Frank can generate keys...

the new tabletop device looks like a nice unit.

Sonic Core is where i look for the continuation of Scope itself....
dawman

Post by dawman »

This really is good news guys.

Intel / AMD was good for us. Now inDSP / Soniccore.

Bishop to Queen 4.............check. :wink:

Scope ASB 12U Mixer w/ 3rd party plugs..............................mate !!! :D
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

Would love to see both companies bring new devices and improvements to the SCOPE platform. Third times a charm, i believe this round the SCOPE Platform will get the recognition it deserves in the industry. I want to be the first to put it in writing; The SCOPE Platform will be bigger and better then ever before, and will be considered the industry standard! :)
Shilo

Post by Shilo »

Wow, wow, wow ... :o
Just wondering - two companies selling software for one system?
This seems not right. Who makes the money ... and can continue the work on our beloved system?
Is this a sale-out?
Damned!
[Sorry 'bout my bad english; i'd like to share my thoughts more precisely.]
Shilo
hubird

Post by hubird »

strange indeed.
looks like a enormous devaluation, and a way to promote the Plugiator, especially by the two extra plugsfor the plugiator if you buy one.

Don't know what to think about it, it feels like SC can't be a winner here.
Unless SC have totally different plans, i.e. new cards or something.
(edit: I deleted a few words here, on request, as they could be misunderstood)
Last edited by hubird on Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

Price War!!
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

and how about the similarities of the use|audio logo with the sonic|core one...
Attachments
and here's their office in hong kong :)
and here's their office in hong kong :)
hong_kong.jpg (7.54 KiB) Viewed 9313 times
maky325

Post by maky325 »

They are giving alot more synths then SonicCore for the same price (prodyssey etc.). :(

But i just ordered upgrade to v4.5 and waiting in hope for one shiny White A16 :D
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

mpodrug wrote:They are giving alot more synths then SonicCore for the same price (prodyssey etc.). :(

But i just ordered upgrade to v4.5 and waiting in hope for one shiny White A16 :D
Forget it - that A16 is mine :D . Hmm, Prodyssey is about the only thing i don't have on that list - and it's €3 cheaper! Not sure how i feel about splitting my keys over two companies though.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

Sounddesigner wrote:Would love to see both companies bring new devices and improvements to the SCOPE platform. Third times a charm, i believe this round the SCOPE Platform will get the recognition it deserves in the industry. I want to be the first to put it in writing; The SCOPE Platform will be bigger and better then ever before, and will be considered the industry standard! :)
agreed!!!
me for example, I am not interested in the hardware asb boxes and that stuff, although they are great products.
I just love the idea of having the flexible power on some cards in my system...
And as I have nearly every cw/sc plug-in I have less interest in buying a hardware box.

I think many scope users would love to see new soniccore device stuff.
for example an arp 2600 with modular style cable patching in prodyssey audio quality. :P

If these devices would be developed for a scopeII card or running on the old ones would be rather unimportant for me.
spacef

Post by spacef »

congrats, 399 seems quite low indeed especially with 25 plugs (i guess SC gets something out of it... anyway).

nb: 1 plug at a time though , i don't think it directly competes with Scope , after all one of these boxes out is a good way to put a synth out of scope dsps (like asb, klangboxes, noah...)
Last edited by spacef on Sat Dec 22, 2007 3:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
hifiboom

Post by hifiboom »

spacef wrote:congrats, 399 seems quite low indeed especially with 25 plugs (i guess SC gets something out of it... anyway).
mmh, from what I``ve read on their page the plug-in bundle is a different thing.

the plugiator seems to be a synth box which is able to run 8 different synths on its architecture.

The 25-plug-in pack is for the scope platform.

I aggree that this is a bit strange because it does really compete with soniccores software offerings.

at the end i have to wait for something new as I already own every single cw plug-in. I think the last new development from creamware/soniccore was Prodyssey in 2003?
Since then it only was rebundling, ..... converting the software to asb and so on.

This is really sad, as prodyssey marked the highest level of synth quality in form of a plug-in for the scope platform but also generally spoken one of the best VAs.
hubird

Post by hubird »

...but if you buy the bundle you get two synths extra in your plugiator (if you have or buy one).
So for €600,- you get yourself a hardware controller and three classic topsynths to control.
It almost looks like a way to get a spinn off for the plugiator now that most of us have already (almost) everything.

Use-audio says:
While you may already have some of the above plug-ins installed, we made the package big enough so that there should be plenty of new plug-ins included for everyone...