patch name in routing window

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

borg

Post by borg »

if you have 7,8,9,... modulars in your project, the routing window becomes rather confusing. you have lots of devices just named 'modular'.
now, wouldn't it be cool if the devices have the patch name, instead of 'modular'? it would at least make things easier when connecting them all together/to the mixer.

am i overlooking something/should i get mod3 to have it this way? with the live bar always staying on top, i prefer to close it when done loading, and double click in the routing window to open a device...
i just thought we already are rather spoiled, so didn't dare to start a new modular wish list... :smile: although... you never know when sfp4 might be announced.
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
aMo

Post by aMo »

Actually, I've thought about the same thing, but it doesn't have to be for the modular only, wouldn't it be cool to name inputs & outputs after where they go?
Like Pulsar2 Analog out could be named "Monitors out", and the analog in could be "Mic in"...

Should be so you could right click any module in the routingwindow, and rename it...
at0m

Post by at0m »

This would be a nice feature! Mixers do it already, but it would be nice if modular patches and Source/Dest had it too.
caleb

Post by caleb »

That would definitely be cool.

I would really like to name my ASIO inputs from my sequencer so I know in SFP which sound sources from my sequencer I'm working with.
Caleb

Happiness is the hidden behind the obvious.