pitchcontrolling a live audiosignal....

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

petal

Post by petal »

I'm pretty sure that this isn't possible using the Modular II, but I just wanted to make sure, cause I'm sitting here with a project where this exact feature would, oh so cool!

I actually thought for a moment I could do it using the pitchmodifier, but you can't fead it an audio signal. Damn!

Anyways, if you know of a way to pitchcontrol a live audiosignal, please let me know.

Cheers!
Thomas :smile:
borg

Post by borg »

mmm, maybe i didn't understand correctly, but why not use the pitchshifter? i know, it's not easy (if at all) to make smooth glides (but i've done some nice things with it).
the only other thing i can think of is STS5000.
i guess the pitchwheel is out of the question, due to time issues.
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
petal

Post by petal »

Hi Borg,

Thanks for responding, and I'm sorry that I haven't responded before.

The Pitchshifter?, there doesn't seem to be one available in the modular?...

What I wanted to be able to do, was feeding a live audio signal (in this case a Porsche-engine running) filter all the unwanted frequencies away, and then play the sound using my midikeyboard.

But I do see that this will introduce all kinds of problems, and are possibly not possible using the modular.

Cheers!
petal

Post by petal »

Ahh - you mean the pitchshifter from the scopeeffect pack - hmm - Maybe I should give that a shot.

Thanks!
borg

Post by borg »

ha, yes, thomas,

my mistake... i didn't realise we were in the modular forum.

if i understand what you're trying to get at, you could try this: load the sample several times in a sampler, route the samples through different outputs and add a pitchshifter in every path with different settings. if you then assign the samples to your keyboard...
another option, and a real nice one, is using ableton live :wink:
andy
the lunatics are in the hall
darkrezin

Post by darkrezin »

Adern's Flexor module pack has a very nice pitch shifter. It's very usable for processing incoming audio.

peace
petal

Post by petal »

Well - Let's have it then :wink:
petal

Post by petal »

And yes Borg - That sounds as a cool solution with great oppertunities for manipulation, but I havn't got the time to construct that monster now, as my project is due friday next week, and I have a lot of writing to do as well....

Ah well, I'm looking forward to the summerbreak. It's only 8 weeks away now, and I'm looking forward to spending a long summer in my dungeon together with Mod III my brother and Flexor my long awaited cousin :wink:

Cheers!