Check Emagic Website

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

Tony B

Post by Tony B »

HAAAAAAAAAAA. Emagic and Mackie is squaring offfff. Round one. Mackie lands the first punch to the head. Emagic knees buckle.
remixme

Post by remixme »

This doesn't surprise me, mackie lose 30% of their prospective customers when Apple bought out Emagic. Mackie is just securing a wider market base.

What would be nail in the coffin however, is if the mackie control was cheaper than the logic control.
Tony B

Post by Tony B »

Mackie knows that Windows users of Logic(and there are many) would not purchase that Emagic Logic control. I would rather go with Mackie myself. I wonder if that Mackie Control can also work with Cubase SX or any other Seq? I have not migrated yet.
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

http://www.emagic.de

HAHA :lol: that is funny! I smell a lawsuit, or at least some threats. Go Mackie!
jupiter8

Post by jupiter8 »

To Abre 11.

Yes the Mackie control works with Cubase.

Check this out.

http://www.harmony-central.com/Newp/200 ... rface.html

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jupiter8 on 2002-07-26 08:58 ]</font>
Tony B

Post by Tony B »

The Mackie Control works seamlessly with Soundscape 32, Mackie's new 32-track DAW. In addition, mission-specific software “hooks” (or specialized commands) have already been written by Mark of the Unicorn (MOTU) to support the Mackie Control. As a result, Mackie Control users can use a Lexan overlay (that fits right over the master section) to “personalize” the controller for Digital Performer. Additional hooks will soon be released by other software companies like Steinberg, Cakewalk and Syntrillium. Once these hooks are complete, we will release Lexan overlays for each of these companies' respective DAWs.

[moderator moved this here from separate "good news" topic - please don't over-post in the announcements forum, thanks!]

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: John Cooper on 2002-07-25 11:42 ]</font>
brain1

Post by brain1 »

the mackie looks great- i wonder if it will it work with the creamware mixers?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: briank on 2002-07-25 12:02 ]</font>
The Z Station

Post by The Z Station »

The plot thickens.....
kimgr

Post by kimgr »

There's absolutely nothing strange about this senario, except for Emagic's attitude:
Right from day one, Emagic only had exclusive rights to the Mackie (Logic) Control for the first 12 months, and since they where more than six months late getting it to market...

Kim.
mr swim

Post by mr swim »

If the mackie control's faders are fully assignable, then surely it will work with any program.

If they are not fully assignable, then it is just not a competitive machine.

So

a) how can the Logic Control only work properly with Logic, and how come they say that the Mackie Control won't work with Logic ? Is this all just spin, or am I missing something ?
kimgr

Post by kimgr »

The hardware is the same, the firmware is different...

Kim.
valis

Post by valis »

The question is...can the Mackie control be made to work with Logic? I was going to buy a Logic Control up until the whole apple deal came about. I'm currently stuck on a dual Xeon with Logic 5 (I bought it in March dammit) and I'd intended to get LC in August. Now, however, I won't be able to afford a new system all over again...

So I wonder if that Mackie can be made to work with Logic...that way I have more options when it comes time to upgrade in a year(after 5.2 has worn thin or whatever).
Round1

Post by Round1 »

I think Emagic have made it pretty clear that they're not going to make MC work with LAP5. And they're not going to go out of their way to make a MC emulator for LC (like they did with the HUI emulator).
I have faced the same dilema, but I had already put a $1,000 deposit on a LC when the whole Apple/Emagic....Mackie/Mackie Control thing 'hit the fan' a couple of weeks ago. Now after thinking about it I've decided to go ahead and purchase the LC. Basically it works NOW with LAP5, and from all accounts works extremely well.......with further enhancements to come with the imminent release of (the final?) Logic v5.2. As of this moment MC still doesn't work with Cubase SX or Nuendo, remember it's up to Steinberg to get their act together to incorperate MC into those apps, and I'm laying bets that it'll be AT LEAST 12 to 18 months before you see the type of intergration that you can currently get with the LAP5/LC combo.
Personally I'm going to continue using LAWP5 with LC for at least 12-18 months (PC), and then reavaluate the situation then (whether to go Mac, or switch to SX........I think I'll be sticking with Emagic though)

Regards......Dave
valis

Post by valis »

What I mean though, is that it's still a midi controller and ultimately it should be capable of controlling Logic (even if not as well as a native controller)?