dspdev?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

brain1

Post by brain1 »

has anyone heard from nikko at dspdev? email's come back as un-deliverable.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: briank on 2002-07-18 12:29 ]</font>
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

http://www.dadev.com/

But what DSPdev plugins would you still use now with SFP and all the nice new Creamware devices that come with /SP? :wink:
brain1

Post by brain1 »

hello subhuman- i still like to use vtube, multicomp, verbgold,analogy etc. they all seem to work but i was noticing some strange stuff with vtube and fluctuating tube value - it seems to work fine - but there is some kind of bug with 3.1 and after trying to contact support @dspdev and dadev all my e-mails come back un delivered. i have not been able to get in contact for a month. weird!
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

Seems like we also lost De-Vice. No more website and no response to email.

Are 3rd party developers losing interest?
astroman

Post by astroman »

though this is sad from the quantity point of view, it seems they didn't meet Pulsar's quality standards.
More efforts on fancy look, big ad-words, less audio quality (than competitors).
The only device's on Pulsar that dissapointed me somewhat, though I tried to be as tolerant as possible.
At least they offered demo versions and there's always personal taste and prefs, so not to offend them here.

cheers, Tom

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: astroman on 2002-07-19 18:29 ]</font>
thermos

Post by thermos »

from dadev`s web site

07-2002. What's up?
I'm currently working on a contract with Creamware in order to be able to work with the latest development tool. As soon as we get the contract signed I'll work quickly to port every tools to the most updated software version. Thanks for your patience.

this is great news.

thermos
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

I bet he would have gotten the tools quicker if he would have paid for them... :???:
jupiter8

Post by jupiter8 »

And i am sure the big fight he had with CW did'nt help either.
thermos

Post by thermos »

i think dadev should get the tools for free. I think all serious developers should get them, especially a skilled company like dspdev who make own atoms for their plugs.

there are a lots of great plugs created with the dp kit, but developers who create their own quality dsp codes are not only developing plugs, they are developing and expanding the building blocks on wich the future of this platform will be based on. I find its strange that cw dosent appreciate this.

maybe im wrong, afterall its them and not me who created this great platform.

thermos
Sunshine

Post by Sunshine »

That´s a good point!
Just like in VST world......

Regards,
Sunshine
devo

Post by devo »

I don't even see any reason to keep it from "non-serious" developers either. More minds, more innovations (=> stronger platform and happier users).

However, I believe CW have their reasons for not removing the big pricetag - I just don't know what they are.
brain1

Post by brain1 »

"07-2002. What's up?

I'm currently working on a contract with Creamware in order to be able to work with the latest development tool. As soon as we get the contract signed I'll work quickly to port every tools to the most updated software version. Thanks for your patience."
-great news!!
-"there are a lots of great plugs created with the dp kit, but developers who create their own quality dsp codes are not only developing plugs, they are developing and expanding the building blocks on wich the future of this platform will be based on."- i agree!!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: briank on 2002-07-24 11:17 ]</font>