DXL is banned

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

John Cooper

Post by John Cooper »

It doesn't make me happy, but dxl's behavior is completely unacceptable, and he has ignored all requests to revise his style...

More info here:
http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... forum=5&18

-John
John Cooper

Post by John Cooper »

p.s. DXL, you can email me if you wish to discuss this. However, as you haven't replied to my earlier emails, I'm not expecting to hear from you.
ronaldmeij

Post by ronaldmeij »

Hi John

It's a shame that Dxl had to be banned.
But... There is a freedom of speech.

I like pulsar really mutch and think that Creamware is doing a hell of a job.

In one year 3 mega update's i think thats listning to the users in big time.

But if dxl has a opinion about creamware he is free to speak is mind.And you are doing a great job but you are out of line to ban Dxl.

We readers of the forum can boycot him and dont reply to his message's.

But once again u cant ban someone because he is not happy with the way creamware works or make's his hardware.

At least try to make a house rules system so u first have to read the rules and then u can join the forum.

But dont play the big brother , Thats tot correct.

But your right about Dxl he was out of order , But banned ????

Ronald Meij.
Grok

Post by Grok »

John, I don't agree with this ban, even if your the boss here so all is up to you.
In a democracy (maybe PlanetZ is not, and I could understand it) the citizen has the right to express his thoughts, even if they are false or with bad intentions.
The theme of conspiracy is alive in every true democracy, it's a fact. You can't delete this by shuting the mouth of those who express this kind of ideas (I apologize in advance if I offend anyone; english is not my native language so I have difficulties to express subtilities and could make some errors).
We can feel that DXL is angry, we feel it reading his way of writing english. But where is the man who has never been angry with his Creamware cards? I was very angry when I tried to work with STS-3000 in XP (bought the Pro-Pack) and seen that it is impossible with 3.01.
Angryness is a human emotion, and as it is, I think it has a place in this forum.
You emailed DXL asking him to revise his style. But can he? Do you want him to write shakesperian verses? I think his way of communicating with others is respectable as ours are.
To say things (very!!!) quickly: banning DXL, you're banning freedom.

And: DXL has done nothing illegal in this forum.

Considering that, I ask you for an immediate reintegration of DXL in this forum, I think it's the better thing to do.
Noctulius

Post by Noctulius »

Not too good for you John. :sad:
I guess his behaviour was getting better gradually (slowly but it was). Banning "dxl's mother" was right idea but banning dxl doesn't make a moderator look just. Sorry, if anything.
kimgr

Post by kimgr »

For the record, I agree 100% with the decision to ban DXL.
He has clearly violated the basic rules of this forum numerous times.

Kim.
Grok

Post by Grok »

Hi Kimgr.
For the record, I remember that you're using the Scope Fusion 3.1 beta:
http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... forum=5&27

So we could think that you're working with Creamware.

A conspiracy theme? :wink: :wink:
junklight

Post by junklight »

I would like to add my agreement - DXL was not just angry he went out of his way to cause offence. The language barrier may have been an issue but I believe there are many others on this foumn for whom English is a second language and they do not behave like this.

John clearly hasn't taken this decision lightly - and when it comes down to it this is a community and DXL had no interest in being part of that.

mark

Post by calippo »

I am not sure if it was right to ban dxl. This is first forum that I am member of and I am not very familiar with the general rules of a forum. But the point is: Critisizing Creamware products is one thing. This is surely an important subject in this forum.
But this kid dxl obviously has fun in provoking other members, wich gets extremly annoying after a while. He definately poisoned the atmosphere here and permanently changed the subject we are here for.
So I don´t know if you did right but I´m glad you did it. We are all going to be more relaxed ( until he comes back with another name... :roll: )
Grok

Post by Grok »

On 2002-04-25 02:37, junklight wrote:
this is a community and DXL had no interest in being part of that.

mark
By the quantity of posts, DXL WAS a part of that community. He was an (over?)active member. Now he's not here and can't express himself; you can't talk about his interest at his place.
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

ahh, I doubt there's any conspiracy around here..

dxl's ban, somehow seemed a bit inevitable.. the bottom line is that he does do some nasty stuff. But I do agree that his attitude is slowly getting better. It's just that he's got this imminent "twist" in the way he presents things.. So even if it were his right of free speech, I don't think I'd say it's a right being used wisely. I doubt freedom of speech means to go on blabbering semi-rubbish and ruining a great community. Then, the community should have the right to protect itself. Somehow. (so banning might not be the ONLY choice)

Either way, I think it's good to get our priority straight.. I think doing best to keep PlanetZ what it is is at a higher priority than dealing with technical aspects of freedom of speech. Freedom is held within limits. Without the limits, we won't have freedom, but just anarchy.
calippo

Post by calippo »

to Grok:

you mention the quantity...o.k., there you are right. but did you take a look at the link John has given? Just an example. So:
"part of the community"?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: calippo on 2002-04-25 03:06 ]</font>
ronaldmeij

Post by ronaldmeij »

Guys

I had a closer look at DXL , But okay its a nasty guy but i think that we in the future better to ignore a guy like that than to ban.

Its better tho have fote system just like in the multiplayer games ,10 people online the fote and thats it...

Fair to the bone and democratic....
bassdude

Post by bassdude »

FWIW, I would just like to chime in my support for John's decision here. I'm not a prolific poster here but I've been around since the early days in '99. Long enough to know John *IS* certainly very tolerant. :smile: This would not have been an easy decision I feel.

I don't think this is about censorship or Freedom of Speech. The line has to be drawn somewhere. This forum is meant to be a source of information and relaxation and pulsars' application as a marital aid it would seem, according to recent posts. Very amusing! I don't think it should be used as a transport for personal vendetta's.

Well that's what I reckon!
Cheerios all around.
Stuart.
Tony B

Post by Tony B »

The Creamware Community is WORLDWIDE. :grin: Musicians from all over the World are using or intend to use Creamware products. People perceive things differently. One negative VIBE could have DEVASTATING effect on a product especially with the COMPETITION with other products. I support the positive. I made my choice and I don't want anybody making me feel I made a bad choice. If another guy joins in with DXL's behavior CREAMWARE could be in HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Remember everyone from any country has access to information via the internet.
ronaldmeij

Post by ronaldmeij »

I dont under stand your point ?
What do u try to say ?

Dont get me wrong , Guys like DXL , i dont care if the are here or gone...

But next time this has to be done the right way , fote !!!!

Ronald
Tony B

Post by Tony B »

Maybe I am undiplomatic????????. Do you advise waiting until the mountain falls on you to seek refuge? :eek:
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

A guy walks into a bar a makes a ruckus. The bouncer asks him to calm down but he doesn't so the belligerent one is shown the way out.

Same difference! :smile:
Retro

Post by Retro »

This forum is not a democracy. Our involvement is a priviledge, not a right. John has the right to ban whoever he chooses for whatever reason, and in this case I support his decision 100%.

You can proselytise all you like about the morally correct thing to do, but the bottom line is it's not ultimately your decision. Live with it.

As for the hysterical conspiracy theories, if you're in the least bit suspicious of the motives of the people posting here, remember you always have the option of leaving. Personally, I'd rather be in a Pulsar forum that focusses on Pulsar rather than political bullshit.
ronaldmeij

Post by ronaldmeij »

Well its better to call this a day.
because when we are going to use bad words i dont want to continue this discussion.

Iam glad u guys dont rule a country , because What John is doing looks like a dictator, but keep in mind everybody has the right to speak him mind thats what forums is all about.

Once again DXL is a irri guy , but leave it like that.

And for Videl Castro ( John Cooper ) What u did was wrong !!!

U cant shut people up by kicking them away , It is the same thing as putting people in a workcamp because the dont believe in the system.

Its dictatorship in a shell , And i dont know i want to be a part of this forum anymore if u act like this..

Why not wrighting a letter in this forum and explaine the problem and ask the users of the forum to think with u !