What ULLI settings are useable with Luna2?

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

As far, as I recall, when I bought my Pulsar1 I was told of 1 or 2ms delays. As most of you know, that is not so. Now I read about the Luna2 on the CW site, and it says ULLI settings at 1ms. For shure this must be with 96k, but:

"Is this only misplaced info - making Luna2 look better, or is it realy possible choose ULLI 1ms on the Luna2?"

Immanuel
RedSun

Post by RedSun »

Yes, it is quite possible. Remember that the Luna II is based on the same technology as the Pulsar II. There has been quite an improvement in latency between the first and second generation of Luna/Pulsar.

Off course, using your Luna II at such low latency requires a very good system to remain stable. This is not a Luna/Pulsar limitation or bug. Getting good performance requires performance parts. If you put the fastest I/O card in a 486 motherboard, don't expect miracles...

You can also use your old Pulsar I and a new Luna II together at the Luna's latency. You'll have to ask MarcusPocus on how to do that. That's the setup he has and it works quite well.

RedSun .:.
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

Looks like I will have to find some extra money soon. I would realy like to be able to slave to spdif, and I would realy like to get belov 13ms. Going from 4-7 DSPs wouldn't hurt too.

New mobo+CPU
Propack
Luna2
Logic gold update

Hmm, this might take some time :sad:

Immanuel
RedSun

Post by RedSun »

Just buy the propack first, as it's not going to be sold for long...

RedSun .:.