Buying Luna, mobo questions, what to expect?

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

thedreampolice

Post by thedreampolice »

Hi all, i am looking into buying a luna2 card and i am using a p4 1.6 with a intel mobo with the 845 chipset. I will also get the 2496 box, windows xp and logic audio. Is this a good combo? How many fx should i get at one time with this?? and what type of latency tracking live into logic, thanks for the help in advance all
eliam

Post by eliam »

Well... You will soon come to the fatidic conclusion that a Luna is not even near the minimum required for serious musical endeavours... Don't discourage yourself however, because it's a very good starting point and you can do with a Luna more than with any other DAW. But the issue remains: how many notes can you play simultaneously? Or: how many reverbs will it be possible to load?
DSP addiction is the most common condition among the planet z mob, and you are soon to understans why...! :grin:
I own a Luna and I can have 16 notes polyphony with a STS3000 with one reverb, no more. Or 30 notes on STS. But to work decently I consider I need 64 polyphonic voices plus 2 reverbs plus delays, eq, comp, synths, etc. etc. etc. So I'm looking for a used Pulsar 1...
Have a good time with your toys!!!