sblive +vc8 + pulsar (by jun)

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Post by Guest »

Hello
I have been using my pulsar card successfuly for a few months now.I have all my outboard going through my fostex vc8 adat thingy, and the fostex is used as the master and the pulsar as the slave. I only have one optical cable so I can not synchronise the vc8 to the pulsar(I dont think anyway?). I recently decided that my redundant sb live card could be used as a decent sampler with the soundfont format. I used the spdif out in the sblive and connected to the pulsar spdif in. I then found The only way it would work is by setting the pulsar to slave by the sblive clock. Now the fostex is producing a very nasal sound on each channel. Does anybosy have any experience with a similar setup and if they were succesful could they please help.

jun

jun

Post by Guest »

Subject: clock

you have to slave the vc8 to the pulsar by connecting an adat from pulsar adat out to vc8 adat in. This will allow the vc8 to pick up your system clock, then the vc8 adat out should pass into your pulsar on the vc8 adat out into your pulsar adat in fine. Remember leave the pulsar set to slave to the sblive and slave the vc8 to the pulsar. You will have to have both adat in and out connected from the vc8 to the pulsar.

Post by Guest »

Subject: Re: sblive +vc8 + pulsar

In my setup VC-8 is slave, Pulsar 1 is slave, Lexicon MPX-100 is master. Everything works fine. Ofcourse I'm using 2 optical cables. Hope this helps,
Regards,
Marc de Ruiter