Best Sequencer for use with Creamware (by Michael)

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Post by Guest »

What's the best sequencer for Creamware products? I've read a lot about Cubase problems, how about Logic? Thank you!
LHong

Post by LHong »

Subject: How about cakewalkPro9.03

www.cakewalk.com
Getting a trial-version of it to determine your own taste! It works best for me (Pulsar I + pulsar II with gigastudio)
Have fun!

Post by Guest »

Subject: Logic and Pulsar 2.04 working well...

Logic Audio Platinum 4.6.1 and Pulsar 2.04 are running really stable here on the Windows platform (ME)- no problems with ASIO drivers and the transport remote works! (It doesn't with Cubase 5). I should say that the EASI drivers still have way too much latency, but then you don't need to use them. I have both Logic and Cubase and I'd go for Logic anyday (also, Logic's own plug-ins sound MUCH better than Cubase's...).

Post by Guest »

Subject: Re: Logic and Pulsar 2.04 working well...

I think I'll go for Logic then ;-) Thanks everybody!

Post by Guest »

Subject: Re: Best Sequencer for use with Creamware

The sequenzer part in cubase work very good,when audio is disabeld.The problems are whith the asio-drivers (that also logic use), but Creamware doesn´t seem to pay attention to this in their recent 2.04a update
in spite of the fact that an enormous number of complaints have been exposed in various pulsar forums.

Kim

Post by Guest »

Subject: Cubase vs Logic

So it's the ASIO drivers which cause the problems I read about... What about the EASI drivers for Logic? Are they as buggy as the ASIO ones?

Post by Guest »

Subject: Re: Cubase vs Logic

Someone with more experience with Logic must answer that question.

Kim

Post by Guest »

Subject: cubase,logic, easi,asio

hi,
while i have used both softwares (logic and cubase) i woulde always like to prefer logic! also this version cubase5 is not that stable, i had different problems (bluescreens and freezed screens) while i had worked with pulsar2.01 (today i will update with p2.04a) ... it´s much better in the version cubase5r1 but my past and the hostory of glorious problems (a long list) with cubase is causing no trust in this program. when i was beginning to use logic a few months ago i had absolutely no problems with pulsar (but the known bugs in logic by itself-logic5 will come!!)....
EASI/ASIO: still no hope for easi in logic (and i think also in cubase, but i´m working with pulsarI and srbI, maybe it´s different with the new cardversions?)... emagic had made no differences in this drivers (that´s my state of knwoing, because of less support in progress from creamware to emagic!)

that´s all

still using asio and it works fine in logic...
greetings
t.

Post by Guest »

Subject: Re: cubase,logic, easi,asio

Yep , Logic is much a reponsible program. It works perfectly with ASIO for me (Pulsar I). Still no progress on EASI side. By the way - why do we all wait for that EASI? the ability to use Pulsar's DSP via Logic?

Post by Guest »

Subject: Nuendo rules!

After a brief test Nuendo seems to work really well with Pulsar. The software itself is still a bit buggy but when they get the software stable that combo should be dynamite!

Post by Guest »

Subject: Re: Nuendo rules!

Hi!
Have you in Nuendo the possibility to control the keycommands by MIDI? I have nothing found in the Demoversion?

Ralf

Post by Guest »

Subject: asio easi

we are waiting for the possibilities of running both asio and easi at the same time..for use of logic together with other asio compatible software e.g reaktor or reason