BPM Counter

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

sezam

Post by sezam »

Is ther only me who wants a little bpm counter that u just connect 2 the mix out.So u easilly know witch tempo u need for a perfect match when u timestretch???
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

look i the device forum.. I remember seeing a free one.
sezam

Post by sezam »

I wish there we`re............
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

There IS one! Celmo as one on his site, i use it in all my project. A i can see with this that midi clock is more stable in XP than ME for example.
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Well at least the graphics are updated more smoothly in XP. :smile:
samplaire

Post by samplaire »

I think Sezam is looking for a BPM calculator that shows the tempo of a particular loop or song, it analyzes the beat and then shows the tempo.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: samplaire on 2001-11-14 12:57 ]</font>
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

Oh.. I get is...
well, if that's the case.. As far as I know, cooledit had a feature where you select a certain length of wave and then you input how many beats it is, and it'll divide the numbers to give you a BPM. Samplitude also has this feature.. (but it's sort of pointless to use a multitracker just for that pupose)
Of course, that's assuming you're on a windows platform. And I don't know of any pulsar plugin that does this.
Or get one of those DJ equipment thingys where you just connect output to it and it counts BPM for you. (perhaps the point was to replace the physical device with a pulsar one?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kensuguro on 2001-11-14 12:59 ]</font>
samplaire

Post by samplaire »

It is even possible in Cubase but I attempted to do it unsuccessfuly (doing step by step what was written in the help file). Once I had a copy of Logic Discovery and I remindit was very simple to do there. Now I don't .
sezam

Post by sezam »

Thanxx for the info,but what i nead is a counter with a little display thats shows the bpm all the time.

Like in Ni-Traktor or in every dj cdplayer.But it should be fast(1 bar)The beat detection works in protools and traktor,but the beat have 2 be longer than 1 bar.So all u proof out there there:

U will make me very happy if someone could do a device like that=timesaver

SEZAM-