Board ID AND IRQs

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Music Manic

Board ID AND IRQs

Post by Music Manic »

After re-installling my setup on my Intel DP35DP Scope won't allow me to start unless the boards in the second and third PCI slot are set to board zero. Is this because my card in slot one shares an IRQ?

All pulsar II cards
Having some weird results lately.

Thanks
kyunghwee

Re: Board ID AND IRQs

Post by kyunghwee »

The 2nd AND the 3rd boards are both set to board zero?
I have the same mb & I'm very curious since I have to install my scope card in the far outside PCI slot due to its length & let the other 2 in the middle used for my older Pulsar+ & SRB cards. I changed the host board ID in order for SFP to see my Scope card as the host so I can run lower latency mode & other plug-ins registered under the card.
All 3 PCI slots share IRQ with other devices in my setup so I just had to disable the ones that shared the IRQ with my Scope host board.
Long story short, what I mean is you may need to check your cset.ini to make sure host board is set to the Pulsar card that the software is registered to.
Good luck!
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

kyunghwee wrote:The 2nd AND the 3rd boards are both set to board zero?

What I meant is that the card in PCI slot 1 would not accept to be board 0. It kept asking me for keyfile. They are all Pulsar II so it doesn't matter for latency.

I changed the arrangements of the cards and it's ok now. The thing is I couldn't understand why it wouldn't allow a different card order in Cset.ini to work. It has always been that way for years.
garyb

Post by garyb »

what, exactly is sharing an irq with the card?
Music Manic

Post by Music Manic »

garyb wrote:what, exactly is sharing an irq with the card?
I'm not sure now Gary. It was the normal USB and PCI IDE thing and maybe the PCI Express.

I had 2 cards on their on IRQ but after the re-install I only had one. Weird that windows 7 takes over and doesn't allow any change.
garyb

Post by garyb »

that's how it works.

disable all the ports and devices you aren't using in the bios(parallel, serial, audio) in order to reduce the chances of shared irqs to begin with. disable the usb controller that is sharing, in the device manager. the pcie root port can be disabled in the device manager, as long as it's not port 0(video card) or a pcie slot with something in it but it probably doesn't matter. the other pci device shouldn't be an issue.