Scope 5.1 64bit issue collection

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ARCADIOS

Scope 5.1 64bit issue collection

Post by ARCADIOS »

64bit problems.... XTC does not work for 64bit applications.
i wonder if this is difficult issue for soniccore to resolve, or it is just a matter of missing or re-editing files.......!!!

i see sfp mode working fine and asio working via the 64bit sequensers...
but i don't see why xtc is not working. might be a matter of xtc config project?? might be a matter that has to do with the whole "scope.exe*32" fact??
:roll: :roll: :roll:
babaorum

Re: Scope 5.1 64bit issue collection

Post by babaorum »

the scope doesn't start when windows start I have to lauch myself the scope sfp is it normal ?
where is the param for an automatic load on windows startup ? I didn't have this pb before ...
Sonic Core Luna II + Pulsar II scope v5.1.2709-x64, Cubase 9.0.20 (64), Pro Tools 12.7, Wavelab element 9 (64), windows 8.1 pro (64), Asus P6T 18Go RAM core i7 920, SSL Duende Native - Lexicon PCM Reverb Bundle - Waves - Sonnox
ARCADIOS

Post by ARCADIOS »

msconfig... startup programs .......check soniccore
babaorum

Post by babaorum »

:D ok but before the other versions made that by default after install ...
Sonic Core Luna II + Pulsar II scope v5.1.2709-x64, Cubase 9.0.20 (64), Pro Tools 12.7, Wavelab element 9 (64), windows 8.1 pro (64), Asus P6T 18Go RAM core i7 920, SSL Duende Native - Lexicon PCM Reverb Bundle - Waves - Sonnox
JL

Post by JL »

16 bit Wave source still has channels reversed (Scope 5.1 PCI version).
pwhitmaker

Post by pwhitmaker »

I got the keyfile yesterday and 5.1 seems to work fine on 64 bit.
But when I a open one of the samplers 2000-5000 I got a "problem" window coming up with different informations?
Anyone else got this problem?
All the other synths works fine.

Pulsar+Pulsar II+Scope v5.1, Cubase 4, PC Win7 64 bit.
garyb

Post by garyb »

how many Scope folders do you have on that computer? have you tried a reinstall? are you running the program as administrator? try closing Scope and then restarting it as administrator(right click on the icon and choose "run as..").

there may be an sts problem.
pwhitmaker

Post by pwhitmaker »

Thanks gary, when I started Scope "run as admin" it worked.
And after that I can start it as normal and its still working.
As I understand it, the problem is that you are not automatically admin on your login in Win7.
starcorp

Post by starcorp »

working with xtc and cubase5.5.2/32 on win7 HP 64bit.
after the installation of the new scope software for xite,
i had three crashes, two bsod (1. vstin sys, 2. vstout sys, page file error)
the 3. crash was cubase allone.

but it works. unfortunately fare behind the possebilities of xite,
i calculate 1/4 of its dsp power was used, then i get optimization...... and pci...... windows.

jan
saskija

Post by saskija »

I thought the issues with the Asio crackles had been solved, but it doesn't actually seems to be the case. I'm running Cubase 64 with Scope 5.1 (64-bit) and I'm getting the most awful crackles in a basic setup with just one metronome click and either a Asio or Asio 2 source.

Any way to solve this? Without a fix to this, I can forget about using Cubase... :-?
ARCADIOS

Post by ARCADIOS »

asio4all works perfectly in 64bit daws
scope 5.1 xtc does not :-?
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Yes I am also still getting audio pops and crackles in my Win 7 64bit partition even with Scope 5.1 XITE latest release. In Win 7 32bit Scope 5.1 works perfectly well, no pops or dropouts at all , and the most annoying thing is that when I enable and use the on board soundcard's audio driver in 64bit partition (and in the 32bit partition for that matter), I can use Cubase 5 without any pops or crackling.

Since SC first Scope 64bit beta I have been trying to figure out why this popping is the case and what could be causing it but so far no joy. I have tried disabling everything I could think of and tried virtually every driver version I could find for the M6500, not to mention trying out the various tweaks that are advised, but still no go. For the record my system is a Dell Precision M6500 with i7 820 processor, 4GB x PC1333, 2 x 250GB 7200RPM HD, nvidia Quadro FX 3800M video card. It also has TI chipset for firewire and cardbus and I have also tried disabling these which I hoped would stop any interference with the expresscard interface but it doesnt make any difference.

Recently I was able to get hold of the USB 3.0 I/O card for the M6500 to swap out and try instead of the older USB 2 I/O board and see if that made any difference which it didnt. I think I will have to call it quits on trying to use Scope 64bit on this laptop and just use it in 32bit for now until I either build another machine or prehaps look at the ADK laptops. Damn shame though as I was kind of hoping the official release of Scope 5.1 and updated drivers would fix that issue. But it hasnt, although it seems other users seem to be running Scope 5.1 on their XITE-1 in Win7 64bit without audio crackles or popping. I guess it just doesnt like the M6500. Oh well, such is the price of being on the cutting edge sometimes :)
valis

Post by valis »

t_tangent, try disabling C1e in the bios. C6 is another good one to disable...the rest can stay on.

The other thing to check is DPC latency with your video card drivers of course.
t_tangent

Post by t_tangent »

Hi Valis,

Thanks for the idea, but unfortunately tried looking for that but there are no C states info such as C1E or C6 available in the BIOS. I have requested that Dell add these options in the next BIOS update but whether they do only time will tell. As for the DPC latency yes I have checked that too, both with various versions of nvidia driver and with them uninstalled. Also tried disabling nvidia powermizer but it doesnt really make much difference, and although the DPC is showing around 350-500 with occasional jump to around 650 nothing that I have disabled or uninstalled has helped to lower this. Frustrating, but as I said before, I guess its time to think of using another PC for 64bit.

But thanks again anyway

Tim
saskija

Post by saskija »

starcorp wrote:working with xtc and cubase5.5.2/32 on win7 HP 64bit.

i calculate 1/4 of its dsp power was used, then i get optimization...... and pci...... windows.

jan
Hmmm ... My PC has become very unstable since I installed the new Scope 5.1 64-bit drivers. I've had four BSOD crashes in the past week, three of those in the past 24 hours. I've disabled the scope drivers in order to find out if those are the culprit.
pwhitmaker

Post by pwhitmaker »

saskija wrote:
starcorp wrote:working with xtc and cubase5.5.2/32 on win7 HP 64bit.

jan
Hmmm ... My PC has become very unstable since I installed the new Scope 5.1 64-bit drivers. I've had four BSOD crashes in the past week, three of those in the past 24 hours. I've disabled the scope drivers in order to find out if those are the culprit.
I had a bluescreen crash when I had an old project open in 5.1 together with Cubase 4.
But with new projects it seems to work.
pwhitmaker

Post by pwhitmaker »

Now I tested a little bit more with 5.1 and if I start it as normal user I got this "problem" window as shown in the picture below.
If I start Scope 5.1 as admin I don't get the "problem" window, but when I import STS sound in one of the samplers and then start to play the sound the program crashes and I got a blue screen!
This is happening even without Cubase started.

So something is really wrong with the samplers in 5.1!!!???

garyb

Post by garyb »

did you check for the file?

do you have a v4x install still on the computer? if so, rename the folder.
pwhitmaker

Post by pwhitmaker »

garyb wrote:did you check for the file?

do you have a v4x install still on the computer? if so, rename the folder.
No old install. Fresh computer with only 5.1.

Yes I checked for the file but I couldn't find it either!
But thats not really a problem when I start as admin.

The problem right now for me is that when I import an STS/AKAI file from an old project, or a CD, into the sampler and start to play the sound, the PC crash with bluscreen.
garyb

Post by garyb »

yes.