Scope driver disappeared.

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

balaftuna

Scope driver disappeared.

Post by balaftuna »

Hi.

Started Cubase this morning, and can no longer see the Scope driver in the list of available drivers (devices/device setup/vst audio system/ASIO Driver).

The only thing I can think of that I did recently was running CCleaner to clean the registry, but I imported the backed up version and the problem is still there. (I also installed a few video codecs, but uninstalled them)

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Shay.
at0m

Re: Scope driver disappeared.

Post by at0m »

Registry cleaners like to remove ASIO, too. ;p

Not sure what to reinstall for that - either the ASIO client (sequencer) or Scope drivers.
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
balaftuna

Post by balaftuna »

Many thanks at0m. Your answer came just before I was about to format my whole system... you probably saved me a LOT of time.

What would be the easiest way to re-install ASIO? Running the SCOPE drivers install?

All the best.

Shay
at0m

Post by at0m »

As I said in my first reply, I don't know weither it's the ASIO client or Scope that installs ASIO. Why don't you try, it's only 5mins work (better than formatting indeed, that's an utter last resort eh!) and you'll know soon enough...

Please let us know which reinstall fixed the problem, so others can rely on this when they run into the same problem later!
more has been done with less
https://soundcloud.com/at0m-studio
balaftuna

Post by balaftuna »

THANK YOU!
Reinstalled SCOPE drivers and things are back to normal! I was a few seconds close to formatting and spending a week on licensing software!.