need help with module registration and scope 5

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

irrelevance

need help with module registration and scope 5

Post by irrelevance »

I tried installing scope 5 recently and all went smoothly however when I try to open default scope 4.5 projects the keyfile registration prompt appears and I have to register certain modules again. The modules in question are the destination M and S modules.I use 18 such modules in my projects and the registration prompt does not seem to like to import my keyfile so I have to manually paste it into the prompt 18 times :x just to load a project. I think that because these modules are saved in the tools folder in 4.5 and in the folder labled external (going from memory) in scope 5 that this could be the problem.
Jah Servant

Re: need help with module registration and scope 5

Post by Jah Servant »

I had this problem when I first went to V5, if you still have 4.5 installed you should change the name of the 4.5 folder, just add "backup" to it or something simple like that. However Ralf told me you shouldn't leave 4.5 installed at all, do a complete uninstall, try to get all the registry entries too.

What happens is when you load a 4.5 project it references the devices from the 4.5 folder and those aren't registered for V5 so they won't load, once you change the folder name they'll load from the V5 folder. This worked for me for a couple of weeks then stopped working, that's when I found out that I should do a complete 4.5 uninstall and that fixed it for me.