Scope 5 is not recognizing all my 3 cards!? - solved

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

petal

Scope 5 is not recognizing all my 3 cards!? - solved

Post by petal »

Hi,

In this exiting time I've encountered a strange problem that I'd like to check with the community before I start to bother SC about it.

I have 3 cards in my system which works fine with scope 4.5 and all cards are being recognized as they should.

But on my test installation of Scope 5 only my two 14/15-chips (one Scope and one booster) cards are being recognized, for some reason my electra card (3 dsp's and most importantly my Flexor licence) is being ignored by Scope 5.

Has any of you guys experienced something similar or does any of you have ideas to what could be the cause of this problem?

Cheers,
Thomas
Last edited by petal on Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tau

Re: Scope 5 is not recognizing all my 3 cards!?

Post by Tau »

All I can think of is that the OS didn't update the driver of the Elektra card. Try to do a manual update in the Devices section of the System Properties, and see if that works. The new driver should be in the Scope 5 folder.

Hope it works!

Cheers,

T
petal

Post by petal »

That was also what I tried first (and just tried again), but it doesn't seem like the system recognizes the Electra (Luna) card at all as a "Multimedia Audio Controller", it only see's it as a "PCI Device".

Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I'm beginning to suspect that the new Scope 5 software doesn't recognize 3-dsp cards at all - could someone confirm or produce a positive result running Scope 5 on a 3-dsp card?

I also noticed that the "DSP load" function are tracking the load on 28 of my 31 dsp's but in the numberbox that should tell me how many DSP's I've got says: 30!?

Something fishy is going on in the heart of my "musicmaker"...

Cheers,
Thomas :)
Tau

Post by Tau »

Yup, that seems weird...

I would remove the card from the computer, see how Scope 5 handles 2 cards, and how many DSPs it shows, and then reinstall it. It's illogical, but can work... Also cleaning the contacts on the PCI connector and the S/TDM can help solve many of these strange problems...

I believe there are people here who are using 3 DSP cards on Scope 5, let's see if anyone speaks up.

Otherwise, it's better to contact S|C for assistance. Sorry I can't be much helpful. Best of luck to you!

T
petal

Post by petal »

I appreciate your help :)

But, the thing is, everything works as expected with Scope 4.5, which leads me to think that this isn't hardware related but a software/driver problem.

If I don't figure this one out in the next few days, I'll contact SC. I'm sure they are busy getting people up and running, and I'm in no hurry with this problem.
Janni

Post by Janni »

I ran the latest RC with a Luna+Pulsar2-Setup, but not yet the final 5.0...
-/-
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

V5 recognized my old SRB, which I believe is a 3-chipper.
(Also recognized my PulsarI)

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
petal

Post by petal »

And I can see that Bosone's Luna-card is being recognized by Scope 5 here in this thread:

http://forums.planetz.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=28452

So unless the Elektra card is being recognized as something completely different than a Luna card I guess it's reason for my problem is not that Scope 5 is not able to recognize 3 dsp cards.

I guess I'll have to involve SC in this then.

Thx for the feedback people :)
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

aha....after restarting my machine a few times over the past couple days, I finally got an error saying that the system couldn't see or find my 'card 0', which is the SRB.

So, I just went into the system preferences and reinstalled the driver directly for the SRB and it came back.

I also reinstalled Xite for kicks because I started getting cross-modules in Xite, where Xite projects started trying to load Scope PCI projects, etc. Weird stuff, since it was working fine after the initial update.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
petal

Re: Scope 5 is not recognizing all my 3 cards!? - solved

Post by petal »

OK, I believe I've solved this problem, at least Scope5 now recognizes all my cards.

The driver for the Elektra card wasn't installed and even though I pointed Windows XP SP2 to the right location, windows couldn't find the driver, because windows (or scope?) was looking for a file with sys-extension.
My solution to the problem was to copy the driver, which is located in the directory and has the same name, but without the sys-extension, and add the sys-extension. After this little stunt the driver installed as it should and Scope now recognizes the Elektra-card as well.

:)
garyb

Post by garyb »

nice sleuth work. :)
H-Rave

Post by H-Rave »

Windows recognises the cards not scope.So as you say if they're not in the WIndows device manager they won't be in Scope 5.
;)
Core2Quad Q9400 2.66Ghz, Asus P5Q EPU,Radeon HD4350 4Gb Ram,320Gb 7200Rpm,Windows 7 Pro 32 bit,Cubase 4+5,NI Komplete 5+6, Scope 5 - Mix&Master - Synth&Sampler,Pulsar II Classic - PulsarII XTC,.Core2duo 3.00Ghz.Presonus Firestudio Tascam FW1884