New plugins on S|C Website

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

Sounddesigner

New plugins on S|C Website

Post by Sounddesigner »

I see a SPL Transient designer v5 and a brickmaster pro - http://www.sonic-core.net/en/home/home.html
Last edited by Sounddesigner on Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
wayne

Re: New plugins on S/C Website

Post by wayne »

- and some DAS FM e.p.'s
Sounddesigner

Re: New plugins on S/C Website

Post by Sounddesigner »

wayne wrote:- and some DAS FM e.p.'s
Will definitely check out.

Also when i transfered my plugin keys from my scope pci card to my XITE-1 i opened the keyfile of XITE-1 up and seen a Key for Modular 4 :o :o :o . I could be wrong but it smells like something big is about to go down.
chriskorff

Re: New plugins on S|C Website

Post by chriskorff »

Now that is interesting!

Curiously (annoyingly?) though, the new UAD-style versions don't have the separate input gain control, or input and output metering — which I find very useful on the old version, as it's very easy to clip the output if you're getting heavy-handed.

Still, nice to see stuff happening! And yes, it does seem like something big might be around the corner...

Cheers!

Chris
dawman

Post by dawman »

The Modular 4 thing is a great sign.
I have always loved Flexor 1.5/3.0, but I couldn't use certain functions live due to slight instabilities. I am using certain patches now and everything works fine.
But I would love to see what Modular 4 will bring to the table.
DAS also has a brickwall Limiter w/ M/S capabilities, pretty interesting stuff.
netguyjoel

Post by netguyjoel »

I'd love to check it out...but the site is down again???
Joel
dawman

Post by dawman »

That's because thousands of people are buying the SPL upgrade and the DAS Brickwall Limiter all at once.
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

XITE-1/4LIVE wrote:The Modular 4 thing is a great sign.
I have always loved Flexor 1.5/3.0, but I couldn't use certain functions live due to slight instabilities. I am using certain patches now and everything works fine.
But I would love to see what Modular 4 will bring to the table.
DAS also has a brickwall Limiter w/ M/S capabilities, pretty interesting stuff.

I always felt Modular should be a big focal point going forward (SC and 3rd party), i hope it really is about to be updated and if so i definitely love to see what comes. I do know of one likely improvement for synths. I wrote SC a email requesting more synth Voices for XITE-1 and i was told after optimizations it would be possible to have double the number of Voices for most synths, and they could use the 24 voice voice control for all. It was also said its hard work to optimize all synths so maybe just be a few good ones. That is nice to me. These are all 'maybe's', but good maybe's and signs to me.
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

I was able to see the plugin count go from 69 to 70 between the outages, but wasn't able to see what was added. seems it works now; td5 is there...
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
johndunn

Post by johndunn »

A question for US buyers of S/C plug ins. The prices are marked "incl. 19% VAT." Does that mean US buyers pay VAT on these?
-jd
Algorithmic Arts
http://algoart.com
johnbowen

Post by johnbowen »

johndunn wrote:A question for US buyers of S/C plug ins. The prices are marked "incl. 19% VAT." Does that mean US buyers pay VAT on these?
I'm pretty sure customers in non-EU countries do not have to pay VAT.
-john b.
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

I concur. I live in Norway (non-eu) and i can't remember being charged VAT for SC plugins.
A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.
johndunn

Post by johndunn »

Ah, I see how it works now. Once you log in, you get the prices w/o VAT.
-jd
Algorithmic Arts
http://algoart.com
dawman

Post by dawman »

2:00am in Germany and I get my key for SPL V 5.0..... :wink:
ANkyu....
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

The Sonic Core website has been edited again. There seems to be a XITE-1 video and a extended introductory price for spl transient designer. Also XITE-1's introductory price is no more, so those who buy a XITE-1 now will pay quite a bit more from now on. - http://www.sonic-core.net/en/home/home.html
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

They should make a video to show the full platform.The video there is ok but the noise...i wouldnt put that up.Make a studio video for 30 mins describing scope and what the xite can do! With propper synth projekts-2 track mastering projekts-mixing with sonic core mixers and other mixers including lots of third party plugins.

That video shows nothing exept a few windows and some facts that are readable from the website.Its not bad but they need a video that shows what you can do.
Imo
dawman

Post by dawman »

Agreed, but I always enjoy seeing GaryB, and I think they wanted new viewers to notice that they were at NAMM '09.
Also a quick peek at the Scope babe Nadia....Ankyu.
Over in the States out tax system is set up so the cost of a high tech production can be written off using a wise CPA/Accountant.
Perhaps in Germany the Government needs every penny of the taxes.
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

Sounddesigner wrote:The Sonic Core website has been edited again. There seems to be a XITE-1 video and a extended introductory price for spl transient designer. Also XITE-1's introductory price is no more, so those who buy a XITE-1 now will pay quite a bit more from now on. - http://www.sonic-core.net/en/home/home.html
to be honest, if I were a potential xite-1 buyer (which I am not due to the fact that the price is far away from what I consider my budget), I would expect that the end of the introductory price should mean a final software release (I don't know if the xite software is flagged RC as well, but both scope and xite release have the same build number, so I would guess it is not as final as it could be yet) and the the advent of the express card, neither of them happened, so imho they should at least extend the introductory price period...

ok, let's assume the software is already stable enough, so I would be fine with it as it is, but the missing express card is something I consider a real showstopper. it makes xite an unfinished product... :roll:

EDIT: btw, I just noticed that the scope cards are now delivered as V5 and everything in the shop (in the dsp audio platform) seems to have a new price tag (apart from the 4.5 to 5 upgrade and the stdm cable)...
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Sounddesigner wrote:The Sonic Core website has been edited again. There seems to be a XITE-1 video and a extended introductory price for spl transient designer. Also XITE-1's introductory price is no more, so those who buy a XITE-1 now will pay quite a bit more from now on. - http://www.sonic-core.net/en/home/home.html
That's the video I did at NAMM.

I already mixed out half the noise. It's a miracle you can even hear Gary talk. :lol:

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

Fluxpod wrote:They should make a video to show the full platform.The video there is ok but the noise...i wouldnt put that up.Make a studio video for 30 mins describing scope and what the xite can do! With propper synth projekts-2 track mastering projekts-mixing with sonic core mixers and other mixers including lots of third party plugins.

That video shows nothing exept a few windows and some facts that are readable from the website.Its not bad but they need a video that shows what you can do.
Imo
You should go for it. :D
I agree they need a better video, but I presume they don't have time or resources to do it.
I know that I haven't had time to do another video. Been having too much fun.

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3