PULSAR II v3 is coming but i don't agree with something !!

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

lore

Post by lore »

Well,
today i had my daily check at creamware website and wow ! i've noticed that the version 3 of pulsar 2 is coming out in the middle of september, anyway i don't agree with one crucial point : NEW pulsar CUSTOMERS
will have more FREE!! devices than those who trusted creamware( and sufferd a bit....) from the beginning.
Here is what new customers will receive :

the ProPack, which includes the following:

A professional 24/48-channel mixing console adapted from the SCOPE /SP mixer.
An additional effects suite containing a new Vocoder, De-esser, Stereo Expander, Pattern Delay, Syncable Filter, Overdrive with tube characteristic, syncable filter and much more.
Lightwave, a new Wavetable synthesizer with flexible filter configurations and manifold modulation features.
The highly acclaimed STS-3000 DSP Sampler.
The Modular Synthesizer V2 with over 140 modules and 80 pre-patched synthesizers

Well i Think that this is not fair because we are not talking of a single new device but loads of them !!!! and i assume that each of us pulsar users had to fight and deal with all the problems that this card had (and in my case still has)! So i state that we need a reward for our patience !!

By the way it could be possible that this PROPACK won't be too expensive,but i'm not so faithful.....

What do you think?
I STATE : REVOLUTION !!!
IF you agree with me maybe we could SUBMERGE
creamware with tons of complaints.
cheers.

p.s. with this article i really don't want to
harm NEW CUSTOMERS but you have to understand us !!
JoeKa

Post by JoeKa »

I guess the NEW costumers will have to pay a higher price for the V3 package than we did for the V2... that will equalize our expenses for the update, right?
nprime

Post by nprime »

yeah, that made my blood boil too.

it doesn't seem fair to screw your core user group, but is anyone really surprised after the treatment we've all been getting up to now?
lore

Post by lore »

i'm not sure that the price of v3 will be higher than the actual price.
JoeKa

Post by JoeKa »

Well, in that case I feel fooled like you and the rest of us. But do you really think that will change CW´s politics?
lore

Post by lore »

Well of course i think that nothing will change CW politic but at least they will be aware of our critics.
By the way the shop were i bought my pulsar here in Brussels isn't supporting pulsar anymore that means that they warn each client of risks that he might encounter by buying a creamware product and specially pulsar, and on the other side they really push digidesign 001 enlarging the already enormous monopoly of protools products !!
So finally creamware should be aware that if it want a tiny bit of digidesign market it should try to keep their clients happy and satisfied with full working products and no more bugs !! and most of all some presents !

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lore on 2001-09-08 15:23 ]</font>
Mo

Post by Mo »

sorry, i can´t understand you.

to me the propack is a great offer - 149 € for a very huge and comfortable recording mixer, an enhanced vocoder, 20 additional new fx, and a new synthesizer.
oh, i nearly forgot the mod2 :grin: and the sts... ...don´t need them twice. (got me...?)

isn´t that a cool price? common...

and presents... dear... you´ve not been a pulsar customer a long time already, do you?
i remember an x-mas fx-pack for free, i remember a free modular, when i changed my pulsar1 in for a pulsar2, i count up the several new devices in the free 3.0 upgrade, and this won´t stop, i´m sure.

have fun with your pc ( :grin: )
<font face="courier"><i>native wishes...</i></font><br><font face="verdana" color="orange">da <font size="+1">peppi connection!</font> <b><i>music</i> and <i>video</i></b> feeds at <font size="+1"><a href="http://www.peppisworld.de">www.peppisworld.de</a>
lore

Post by lore »

MO,
of course 149 euro is not very expensive but we should have everything for free !!
As you said when you upgraded to pulsar 2 you bought a new card and you had a free modular 2 (ONE DEVICE) .
Now we are talking about a software update, the card it's the sameone ,so everybody should get the same devices because we already paid the price of this card !
Unless, of course, pulsar v3 will be more expensive, in that case it would be fare to let us pay a bit more for this PROPACK in order to compensate the differnece of the prices between v2 and v3.
Am i CLEAR ?
So if for you it's fair to pay for things that we should get for free .... :smile:

Cheers
lore
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

<i>of course 149 euro is not very expensive but we should have everything for free !! </i>

And this is the reason larger 3rd party developers have tended to develop for ProTools instead of other DSP platforms. Luckily not everyone shares your viewpoint or we'd all be working on a discontinued DSP platform. :smile: But please, feel free to continue flaming Creamware on their own forum, maybe they'll listen. While you're at it, could you get Emagic & Steinberg to stop charging for ALL updates (did you notice Cubase or Logic with a free upgrade option?)
Stubbe

Post by Stubbe »

I don't get it.

Why is it that some think that software is free, just there for the picking ?
Software does NOT write itself, it takes long hours to get everything right by people who have to buy clothes, food and shelter for themselves and their families.

What is the difference between developing a refrigerator and a texteditor for a PC ?

Maybe I'm just being gloomy, but the western world seems to be divided in two parts, one part believe that everything should be free and we should share everything (usually the young who have only little money themselves), and the other part is clinging on their valuables (usually the older ones who have been able to gather some..)

Well, anyway, I'm just getting a little p*****d off by this "free - free - free" all the time.

Everyone is free to investigate if the Creamware stuff satisfy one's needs here before you buy, at CW's site and forum and similar places, in the shop and at your friends etc. If you don't like what you see, wait for the update or buy something else.

(Ok, you can not anticipate verything, some are haveing difficultis with the bigmixer :sad: )

That's all.
Stubbe

(Oups, I guess i sound like one of the old ones ! :wink: )

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Stubbe on 2001-09-10 12:31 ]</font>
Robert

Post by Robert »

What you have to remember is, people want things even if they never use them or don't need them.

Robert
lore

Post by lore »

ok Guys,
maybe i could seem a bit greedy but my problem is that since i bought pulsar and a mac i spend most of the time fighting with them (before i had an atari and released 3 records with it) and unfortunarely the probelms relay in pulsar (cause when i don't use it ,everything works fine). ALL the updates and help i got from other users like you ,solved some problems, so the point is that as vers 3 is supposed to solve all these bugs maybe i should have waited untill now and buy this one in order to have a FULL
WORKING CARD WITH LOADS OF FREE DEVICES AND MAYBE SAVE SOME MONEY AND ENERGY TOO.
So i was wrong to trust this wonderful product since the beginning and i don't like the fact that CW improved it (specially for mac) on the " skin" of users like me.
And belive me here in Belgium nobody understands anything about pulsar but at least CW SUPPORT always answered to my emails.
So finally cubase vers 4.0 worked well thats why i don't want vers 5 for free !
If i didn't have all these problems maybe i wouldn't care about a new vers of pulsar and free devices.:wink:
peripatitis

Post by peripatitis »

Of course software doesn't come free people work hard to produce it.
Expanding your place in the market though doesn't come cheap either.And the final point is whether you want to get new customers or continue selling products to the one's you already have.
Giving their software for free they could keep their customers happy and increase their prospective buyers ,it's not so difficult to compregend this notion and if some people still can't understand this i have one thing to say BILL GATES!!!!!!
They should be giving all their software for free thats the whole point, if i were to buy just dsp's i could do that with a fraction of the price they are selling them .Where else are they going to sell their software to dx users?(here's a great mixer buy it and use it instead of your logic or cubase one?)
And a final thought: it's the first time in my life that i see people wanting to pay more
this is a very weird quarel for me
lore

Post by lore »

Thanks Peripatitis,
maybe they all work for creamware :wink:
Stubbe

Post by Stubbe »

Get your point, but software development is expensive, and Hardware is extremely expensive, so I am not sure that CW can survive on the sales of H/W alone.

When a company is small it is a struggle for plain survival, and when it gets bigger, all the big competitors (in this case Korg, Yamaha etc..) will give it a hard time, so from CW's point of view, it's complicated when to give and when to charge.

And no, I don't work for Creamware, could be fun tho.. :wink:

But hey, maybe this discussion is a bit futile and hypothetical until we see what we actually get in v.3 ?

See you then :smile:

Cheers
Stubbe
lore

Post by lore »

You are right Stubbe, let's wait and see :smile:
Air_PoLLo

Post by Air_PoLLo »

Gee, I wonder what happened to the mac version of v.3.0? No XTC mode? what the hell?
Robert

Post by Robert »

Here's two things.
When dealing with computers, you can ALWAYS get a better deal if you wait, but you never get to use anything in the meantime! That's the choice you make.
Also, one of the things I'm trying to say is, people don't even know they need something until they see it advertised.

Robert
samplaire

Post by samplaire »

On 2001-09-11 11:21, Air_PoLLo wrote:
Gee, I wonder what happened to the mac version of v.3.0? No XTC mode? what the hell?
Good question. But I can add more: what with working soundmanager drivers? What with... Let's hope they will fix more bugs than 'produce' new ones. And about xtc - we could live without it then so we can now. Let's wait they will make it working. I don't want another promised but not working soft.
lore

Post by lore »

Right Samplaire,
i did not even want to mention this point,
cause this time if old bugs are solved and new ones appear i'll definetively take a hammer and destroy the hole thing !!
and i don't want to hear anybody saying :
"if you don't like sell it to me ...."
because i love this card ,if only she didn't crashed 15 times a day but only 5 i 'd be happy :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lore on 2001-09-12 17:16 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: lore on 2001-09-12 17:17 ]</font>