Bit Monster track

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Fluxpod

Bit Monster track

Post by Fluxpod »

Its not that finished but it would be nice to get some input.I cant force myself to finish it....Is it worth it?
Input is very very welcome.
http://www.yousendit.com/download/WnBRe ... M2swTVE9PQ
dawman

Re: Bit Monster track

Post by dawman »

I have nothing in the form of advice other than is has crazy stuff and I enjoy listening to anything that isn't commercially sold.
That's where I can hear something fresh and " unproduced. "
Why don't you explain some of your sounds and how you achieved them.
And BTW the Waldorf mp3 was much appreciated.

Nice Job, thanks.
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

:D Ok where do i start.
Drums...I used Stylus rmx with the latin exp pack,Actually on 2 midi channels.Shakers and panned toms and the slight distorted and randomised bongos on the end.Also used for drums: Addictive drums thru effectrix which is adding bit crusher efx on some steps and some slight timing swing and loop repeating.The granular sounding flange drums are a flexor patch on mod 3.At around 3 mins there is a sample loop played with a free vst granular loop device..forgot the name.( and i need to work on that it annoys me atm...)
The pitched sound which starts the tune with the huge reverb is a reaktor user patch..that thing is so evil..i cant really describe it, the patch in it is called Marilyn monroe...
The "lfo" pitched sound is the ms20 from the korg legacy edition.Atm its way too often in the track and annoys me:P
Sub bass is the Vectron.
Efx and stuff:
Several Psy q´s on different ch.Vinco on the drumstracks 3x. Also 2x masterverb on very moderate settings.On the mixbuss is just Optimaster on a custom squish setting.
I havent touched this track in almost 3 weeks:( work pressure etc bla bla.I put a lot of time in it tho..i think i give it a last go pull my pants up and finish it tomorrow evening.
I probably forgot something but thats basically it.
dawman

Post by dawman »

No I appreciate the info.
I am still Breast feeding form many members here, and am far from knowing my own tools yet.
I like it when many members post music and explain what they are doing.

Thanks.
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

Thanks jimmy its well appreachiated :).
I am just playing around with my new "Oven" and am annoying my neighbors cat lol i can hear it scratching the walls again......meooow. :D
I must finish that track as i got a lot of good feedback from people.Guess i have to skip everything tomorrow and get on my ass to do this straight.
:lol:
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

No more comments? :-?
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

yup, heres one :)

I liked it a lot, but find the ectreme bit crushing to be a bit annoying since its so frequent. nice otherwise :)
Mary Mungo

Post by Mary Mungo »

Yeah, I liked the track had me hooked and paying attention.
I'd comment further but I'm no critic and as I like the piece I'm all for you adding and subtracting to it, if you feel the need.
Cheers for the construction details, it's interesting and encouraging to get the inside info.
Please keep me updated if you reissue this track, I'd like to hear the changes. Do you have a MySpace page or a website?
Acoustic tinkering thinking
Fluxpod

Post by Fluxpod »

Thanks!! I will work on it when i have the time. :)
Really appreachiate that!