FleXor future

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

ReD_MuZe

FleXor future

Post by ReD_MuZe »

Flexor is moving forward as you would have expected, but not LIKE you might have expected.

FleXor is being re-programed from the bottom up to be able to run natively, as well as on DSP systems.
this means that with a simple laptop you will be operate a portable flexor system. 

We are now reaching the first alpha stage of new flexor and are seeking some dedicated alpha testers. 
we need alpha testers that can test with pc, mac or linux with any possible plugin host. Please only contact us if you know you have some time to test it. adern.support :D gmail .

The new flexor will have much more complex synthesis methods that weren't possible on scope, and a completely revamped user interface, dedicated on making modular more friendly, intuitive, and usable as a musical instrument. It will have 64bit precision, and will support all sampling rates. ho, and no polyphony restrictions ;P. We will formally announce flexor to the world only around january 2009. This is just a planet-z announcement.

Did i mention many new algorithms? ranging from new top quality bread and butter modules( non aliasing oscillators filters envelopes sequencers and so on), through more exotic synthesis types you have yet to experience up to more elaborate sample management and mangling algorithms.
algorithms :-? ho. right i forgot :P
new-Flexor will have much less modules than flexor3. :o but each module will contain many algorithms. :roll: including all of the current ones you know and love copied 1 by 1.

Since scope users are the only people that will be able to upgrade to the next flexor, and since we have a special spot for you guys, the upgrade price will be especialy low. Ie, your flexor3 is now worth money.

The manual of flexor 3 is going to be upgraded in the next couple of weeks. so check in the side next week to download the new manual (i know we are WAY late but better late than never)

Adern has a new member - Aviram, he is a great guy, and a great coder and he is developing new flexor with me.

Flexor 3 will not be available for Scope 5 or Xite. We will however continue support and sales for sfp 3.1 to scope 4.5 for all those who cant live without flexor.

Now one more request. It is obvious that the next flexor will not be 100% compatible with this one. (since it has a completely new shell and ui) so we are NOT going to call the next product "FleXor".
Aviram and me have been constantly looking for a name that will surpass "FleXor" but its hard!!!

Please help us find the name for the next generation of flexor!
guidelines: has to be relatively short, has to sound nice, has to be different, doesn't necessarily have to mean anything.

help help !!
(Its obvious that he who names new flexor gets a lifetime supply of whatever he names right? :P)

Cheers!
Assaf
Immanuel

Re: FleXor future

Post by Immanuel »

ReD_MuZe wrote:new-Flexor will have much less modules than flexor3. :o but each module will contain many algorithms. :roll: including all of the current ones you know and love copied 1 by 1.
It looks like a win and loose combo for the users. The above (and other improvements) could be great improvements for patching and for sound. On the other hand, it looks like people will miss out on being able to mix Adern, Bowen, SpaceF, SC, Roy Thines and other 3rd party modules into one patch.
bosone

Post by bosone »

FleXiblE :D
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

FlexMod
FlexMo
MoXor
Moodular :lol:
dawman

Post by dawman »

I admire your intestinal fortitude. A real gutsy move indeed. :wink:

I gather this means VST / AU, etc. This is logical as CPU's appear to continue following Moore's Law.

Count me in. I am going w/ XITE-1 and was optimistic about Flexor's future. This is good news to hear as my apps seem to be memory intensive, and on a fast Core 2 Duo I would have plenty of CPU cycles left.

Will this app. be XP / Vista 32/64bit capable?

This is proof that when 1 door closes, there's always another door that opens.

Congradualtions and you have my support.

BTW, Flexor was a noble name, hard to beat as it implies extrene flexibility. The only name that came to mind with me was ReD_MuZe. That name has been around and I always liked it, it has such a nice ring to it. My 2 cents.

I Shall Toast To Your Sucess Tonight !!

To Us.........And Those Like Us,......Strength And Honor.
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

bosone wrote:FleXiblE :D
Your flexible friend http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=HfIjcE_pLqQ
2:17 -> 2:37 "My flexible friend" :lol:
irrelevance

Post by irrelevance »

Thanks for the support Red. I think you already know that you have a lot of support here too :)
Welcome aboard Aviram!

Some names for you:

Shiva (as in the the hindu deity, the destroyer of the world)

Incarnation

Event Horizon

Psyche

valence (The etymology of the word "valence" is from 1425, meaning "extract, preparation," from Latin valentia "strength, capacity," and the chemical meaning referring to the "combining power of an element"[Flexor's creation and intention was all about this] is recorded from 1884, from German Valenz.[1])
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

Ok. Scope 5.0 he is not my interest anymore.
Period.

:x
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

I really (and actually, with these frammentary and unilateral infos) don't understand the politics of S|C unless they are in plan to realize something alternative to Flexor in modular 4.0...
It is always generally an economic matter when they are made this kind of commercial choices.

:roll:
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
dawman

Post by dawman »

Well there's no advanatge of going to Scope 5.0 unless it has some extra offerings other than Vista support.

I wish the best to Holger and Assaf, as I have enjoyed their products for years, and will continue to do so whatever direction they take.

As Arnold Would Say ( w/ An Austrian Accent )..................................Hasta La Vista Baby.
Mr-Bit

Post by Mr-Bit »

erminardi wrote:Ok. Scope 5.0 he is not my interest anymore.
Period.

:x
I agree this is the last nail in the SC's coffin for me as my Pulsar2 has always had stability issue's(a duff board crashes when dealing with any moderate midi) and Exite/Sc5 was the obvious way to get a working scope and more dsp's for my beloved MoIII/Flexor.
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

I hope the new Flexor has all the functionality of Modular III and Flexor combined.
I will buy this for sure - the only native modular I have is Vaz Modular which is good but this Adern stuff will be way better - I not bothered about the native solution - I have a quad-core cpu and it's the algorithms that count
Liquid Len

Post by Liquid Len »

Suggestion for new name : Midnight Moses
Mary Mungo

Post by Mary Mungo »

Suggestions for new name :

Flextro or Flextrol

Flexite :D

Fluid

Elzar

Bender
Last edited by Mary Mungo on Thu Jan 01, 2009 4:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
Acoustic tinkering thinking
garyb

Post by garyb »

i respectfully suggest the principle participants involved figure this out and get over it.

i'm not placing any blame on any side at this point. i don't think EITHER party is free of blame if this can't be settled. a native version that could truly compete with a dsp version will certainly require it's own machine to achieve the same results....
Herr Voigt

Post by Herr Voigt »

novaflex
eliam

Post by eliam »

Soundmill
dawman

Post by dawman »

SCOPELESS. :lol: