my new picture site

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

hubird

my new picture site

Post by hubird »

Here's my new photographes website:

www.ezsound.nl/huub/beggapictures

Rapidweaver uses templates, as I know nothing :-D
Yet you can choose between a lot of design options.

I was able to found out how to edit the html source code.
It alowed me to add a button for every page, which links to a header picture of my choice fopr every single page.
So I was able to add lttle things to the basic header picture of each album or any page.
It took a while befor I got clear that the css part rules the link to that specific page picture :-D

I enlarged the slideshow size across the regular border at the right side, but it seems to work, on XP/I.E., Mozilla, and Safari of course.
If I only was able to get the copyright sign correctly, as only the contact page shows it right (down at the page).

let me know if it works for you, but I'll be away from the net after tomorrow morning untill next week :-)
Last edited by hubird on Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
garyb

Post by garyb »

nice, hub....
Neil B

Post by Neil B »

Hi Huub
Great site. I can tell that you put a lot of work into it, having been through the same process myself this year.
Some of the text was a bit difficult to read for my tastes, given the background colours, and some of your text is underlined for emphasis. This confused me because I was expecting the text to be links.
Anyway, great site and content.

You certainly have a photographic flair - very artistic.

BTW - if that is a photo of you on the home page - you've finally given your age away :lol: Looks like an old photo to me!
garyb

Post by garyb »

your elektricity section has some beautiful pictures of chemtrails....
Hysteric

Post by Hysteric »

Cool Site :)
hubird

Post by hubird »

@ Neil, actually you're right, the background color and the text underlining are two weak points, thought it was clear enough to justify it.
Will have a look at it somewhere in the future.
- The picture is one year young, so it must be me who's (getting) old :D
If people say, you're getting old huub, I always say, I hope so :lol:

@ Gary, thanks :-)
chemtrails? 'psy influences' you mean?...We're just back at my friends place in Neustadt/Germany, and Sonica festival/Italy didn't make it any better, hehe.
Lucy still was in the Sky, alltogether with the Diamonds... Image

@ Histeric and Stardust, thanks, much appreciated :-)

I'm afraif the pictures I made at Sonica aren't that special.
Former festival pictures made with my now broken HP compact camera seem to look more interesting than the ones I made with the 1100,- euro Ricoh Digital with wide angle lense.
Too little close shots is the biggest fault.
like my site says I'm not even an amateur, which is just true.
Having said that, you'll still get a nice registration of the scene like it was :-)
I just need some time to wash them in PS.
cheers.
Last edited by hubird on Thu Aug 09, 2007 4:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
garyb

Post by garyb »

hey, hubird, careful with the personal info... :P

no, i was refering to the crisscrossing trails in the sky from airplanes. those type of trails are quite the mystery as they didn't exist 15 or so years ago. many think they are condensation or contrails, formed from jet engines in very cold, dry, high altitude air, but contrails only last a few minutes at most before dissappearing. chemtrails last for hours sometimes....
hubird

Post by hubird »

too late, they got me already...or should I awake? :D
right, I made an edit, but more for JC than for myself :-D

Now I see, contrails and chemtrails...I was lucky that day, tho earth shouldn't have to deal with both of them.
cheers :-)
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Sorry Hubird for not having answerd you yet... I have been quite ill unfortunately, and am in a rush of things. You can bet my wife and myself, are going to give you an answer to all most relevant aspects of your page. Sorry for the "must" delay. My best wishes right now... :)
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
hubird

Post by hubird »

Hey Nestor, I tried to pm you a day or ten or so ago, but it stayed for some reason in my outbox?!
Then I left for holidays :-)
Thanks for your interest, keep your head cool and your feet warm :-D
I have a festival tip for you, but I'll have to dive in my umpacked bag first to find it.
Later...

and don't start telling me I shouldn't violate the html laws for the standard borders of the dia shows, as I wanne have the pictures big :-D

:roll: I just see John posted the pm later on when he got his coffee ready :-)
BingoTheClowno

Post by BingoTheClowno »

Awesome pictures Hubird and the website programming is good.
What did you use to design the flash picture player?
Last edited by BingoTheClowno on Thu Aug 09, 2007 8:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hubird

Post by hubird »

thanks a lot BtC :-) hubrid must be a typo ;-) ).
Rapidweaver (45,- euro) is great, I just had to activate 'use flash slide show, determine the slide show size, chose 'visual Effects' ( being 'Pinhole', fixed at 0,5 second), activate 'downscale to fit', fix pause at 3 sec., and chose one of the options of 'Ken Burns', it got to be 'Random zoom out' at 2 seconds and with about 60% 'Variation' (so the zoom starts from different perspectives, left, right, upper, lower, and all between).
You can apply these settings to every page or choose different settings, with or without slideshow.
I didn't use 'Slide show Audio' yet...

Couldn't get html special characters working on the (php) server, that's about the only minor thing so far.
Dunno about other web design programs, but I like it to have acces to the html source pages, as it allowes me to make special adjustments.
Another -intrinsic- plus is that the program is only for mac, so if the choice of the template I used isn't extremely popular (it belongs to an optional bank even), it will be hard to find the same template on the net :-D
RSS feed is also implied, didn't even check it, never tried :oops:
BingoTheClowno

Post by BingoTheClowno »

Sorry about that, a combination of typing to fast and being tired.
hubird

Post by hubird »

:-)
astroman

Post by astroman »

g' morning, Huub :D