What's fair value?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

sinix

Post by sinix »

I'm not trying to pimp this here in the wrong forum, but it's more of a general question -

Please see: http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... &forum=8&1

What's a fair value for my system? Am I asking too much given all the extra synths / plugins invovled? What would you expect to see this on ebay for?

Unfortunately, as much as I really want to hold on to the whole thing, it's just sitting in my system unused and I need the money to help pay off debts. No one has contacted me yet, I know it's still recently posted, but I'm begining to think I'm asking too much and need opinions before I spend money to post on eBay.

I sold both my UAD-1 and TC Powercore cards within hours of posting them on similiar forums, so I was hoping for a better result so far with the Creamware setup.

Regards,

Wayne

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: sinix on 2006-06-06 16:38 ]</font>
King of Snake

Post by King of Snake »

i dunno, it seems like a fair price for such a setup, but recently there have been some people selling boards for ridiculously low prices so that may have devaluated the market somewhat. Also I think UAD and Powercore are more in demand than Creamware as they are more well-known to the general public and more interesting to the general VST crowd who just want to add some fx to their sequencers.
Shroomz~>

Post by Shroomz~> »

Not sure about 2nd hand prices in the US, but a brand new board from JRRshop with S&S, M&M & the new Pro-12, SBC etc all included is only $1499, so $1250 2nd hand is not too bad with some extra plugs, but not the sort of price you'd be *guaranteed* to get on ebay with a buy it now sale, as people primarily watch for bargains selling at auction on there.

Something I'd seriously advise is not to try selling the Scope board along with a bundled bonus freebie in the form of your broken Luna, as that will definately put some buyers off. Some will ask themselves WHY your Luna is broken etc, which is not good for selling the Pro board. Keep them separate.
katano

Post by katano »

I think you can't sell it for this price these days. asked price would be around 1000 USD I guess. I recently got a 15 DSP SRB for 490 Euros...
sinix

Post by sinix »

I think I'm going to put it on eBay starting at $800 and let the bidding start from there.

- Wayne
sinix

Post by sinix »

I'd take $1000 USD from the first buyer right now, so 800 Euro sounds pretty darn good at the moment.

- Wayne