Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

cream

Post by cream »

A new synth?

here
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

Hhhm, so do they talk about something different than the Waldorf Wave clone from John Bowen?
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

John Bowen isn't a DSP code programmer (no offense), so he's using the same atoms that we've had for years. Of course, hooking them up in a new synth design with different components may result in new ways of manipulating the waves, which is why he made the QuasiWave. But if CreamWare's working on a new Waldorf Wave clone, it's going to be new stuff entirely.

Very interesting...wonder if it will be ASB and Scope or just Scope, or just ASB? :razz:

Shayne
Melodious Synth Radio
http://www.melodious-synth.com

Melodious synth music by Binary Sea
http://www.binary-sea.com
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

New algorithms for new DSP chips? Sounds good, especially if we'd only end up getting one voice on a Scope board. :smile:
Melodious Synth Radio

sergiosimoes

Post by sergiosimoes »

Well, I have a big investment in Scope boards (Pulsar I, Luna II and Scope Professional) and I hope they release a version to run in the current boards. As the thing I like most in using CW stuff are the good quality of the vintage synth emulations it'll be a major disapointment if we could not run any new synths. Having said that the emulation I'd like most would be the Obie Xpander :smile:
kybernaut_01

Post by kybernaut_01 »

On 2005-10-06 12:43, stardust wrote:
seconded. Obie 8 or Xa emulation would complete the vintage collection :smile:
You guys are forgetting about the Jupiter-8 :wink:
Liquid Len

Post by Liquid Len »

A CS-80 would awesome too. But most of all, a Fender Rhodes emulation would be great.
sergiosimoes

Post by sergiosimoes »

Anyway it's nice to hear that CW is still developing new DSP synth algorithms and devices. With the changes that took place there (not so) recently I was afraid that they'll be only "repacking" old products for the time being.
astroman

Post by astroman »

a Rhodes and/or Grand ASB would require almost no knobs - killer cost-effective :razz:

may I remind that still no sampling engine does sympathetic resonance (no need to discuss it here), so it would be a unique (and outstanding) feature.
it has been implemented by GEM on Sharc DSPs in their Realpianos...

afaik that type of resonance is also important for realistic emulation of an e-piano's tines
regarding the Grand it would be sufficient (imho) if the box would generate the resonant part ONLY - that way it could spice up any keyboard (tons of Clavinovas, Korgs, Casios...) :wink:

cheers, Tom

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: astroman on 2005-10-06 16:23 ]</font>
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

Great idea Tom, maybe then, there is some place left in the box for a real spring verb?
cream

Post by cream »

so...Ralf, can you confirm this? Another ASB synth?
replicant

Post by replicant »

I'm on the Waldorf user list, but I haven't seen any statement that would lead to the conclussion that there is something coming (but I might have missed it?).
Ralf

Post by Ralf »

Psssssssssssssssssssst,

this is top secret . . . .

On 2005-10-05 08:07, cream wrote:
A new synth?

here

cream

Post by cream »

well, someone from CW talked. :grin:
Nice news btw.
petal

Post by petal »

No matter what they are making, this is another good vital sign from Creamware :smile:

How about an annoyingly small picture of some of the GUI, just to make us all speculate about what it could be?
cream

Post by cream »

It has the looks.
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

On 2005-10-07 04:46, Ralf wrote:
Psssssssssssssssssssst,

this is top secret . . . .
Hmm, wonder who leaked it? :smile:

Good to see you're working on something new! :grin:

Shayne
Melodious Synth Radio

ScofieldKid

Post by ScofieldKid »

While I appreciate that an Matrix-12 or Xa or Xpander or what have you would be stellar, I do have to vote here for the Wave if it's a choice.

Traditional synthesis has been done to death. Wave is a cool concept because of how *different* it is. And it just hasn't been done well [ up until Zarg's modular... ], so there are still some folks like me would like to see the envelope pushed a little more with this architecture.

Of course, yes, I want an Xpander also. But the Wave would be my first choice.
sergiosimoes

Post by sergiosimoes »

Agreed about the Wave innovative synth architecture; I have a microwave 2 synth and never understood the BIG differences between it and the Wave (at least to justify the Wave price), so I hope that a realistic emulation of it would also answer this question for me :smile:

But we are not exactly voting here, just giving CW suggestions supposing that they'll keep developing vintage emulations for Scope. I believe that the really IMPORTANT point here is: we "early adopters" would like to have these synths running in the current Scope boards. It'll be a major
disappointment if the new devices would run only in ASB models or any new boards with improved Shark processors (I'm just guessing here).

And BTW... a realistic (or not) Matrix-12 or Xpander emulation doesn't exist also. Not even as a VST plugin :smile:

Sergio
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

Who knows if something really different will become an ASB like box... imagine a FleXor sounding box...if waves can be loaded, why not different oscillators, filters and shapers, provided the can use the same knob layout( FleXor stuff mostly does)? FleXor also has a Pitch2CV module....wouldn't be nice to load it right beyond the analog input?

Dreams....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: alfonso on 2005-10-10 15:43 ]</font>