VisualDSP++ Analog Devices

A place for developers to share ideas and assist each other in solving problems.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Casper

Post by Casper »

Hi , is there any experience from you people with this C++ compiler for the Sharc
ADSP-21065L ?
I get this compiler error:
cc1458: Fatal error: could not obtain license

Is this related to the Pulsarboard or just another license issue within VisualDSP++?
I'm using a 90 days trial version of the programm.

Any comments are welcome,

greetings
Casper
astroman

Post by astroman »

to compile some DSP assembly in a runnable form on a Pulsar board you need a special interface file or library.
The processing code inside the 'atoms' (as they are called in CWA's language) has to communicate with the system somehow.
Afaik that's not part of VDSP and licensed separately, possibly at a signfificant figure.
And it was (if at all) licensed for DP users by CWA - definetely for a high figure.

I dunno the dependencies between those 2 parts of licensing, but there's (highly probable) a significant obstacle in using DP or the SDK as a host for independant DSP code :wink:

personal curiosity: is the file representation of an 'atom' encrypted in SDK ? You could tell by viewing at it with a hex editor. Is it random bits or is there some structure visible ?

cheers, Tom
j9k

Post by j9k »

the http://www.steckenleiter.de/ website has a little more information on the process.

j9k
Casper

Post by Casper »

Thanks , i'll look in to it.

grt,
Casper
Nikko

Post by Nikko »

If you want to program new atoms for the Scope SDK, you'll need to program them in ASM thather than in C (you don't need any board, but the ASM SDK from Analog device.

But you need to Encrypt the Atoms in the way to be recognized by the Scope, and this is another story.

The encryption sheme is secret. I got a key 2 years ago that was doing this work but I've never been able to understand the way it is encrypted. The encryption key was generated by the hardware key!

I think that only Creamware can give you the way to encrypt your atoms, and I'm quite sure that they will not answer to your questions in details about these kind of issues.

Maybe if you have 200 000 USD to spend??? They will certainly give you anything for that money, otherwise, no luck!