Another Information (OSX)

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

genoxcide

Post by genoxcide »

i forgot to inform you that unix drivers are in work for CW by a unix-developer-division... that means that also OSX drivers will be developed... There is absolutely no release date atm for these drivers... but they will work at them definitly :wink:

But that still needs time.. they work hard but CW is very small now... only a few programmers now after the insolvency so some things take longer than expected... They apologize for that.
wsippel

Post by wsippel »

hubird

Post by hubird »

surprise...!!
:lol:
genoxcide

Post by genoxcide »

On 2004-04-19 13:56, wsippel wrote:
Die Welt ist ein Dorf:

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... forum=5&82
Sieht wohl so aus.. Habe es nur gestern am Telebim erfahren von euch :smile: Wollte es den Usern mitteilen, damit sie mal was gutes hören :smile:

Seems so *g* i phoned yesterday to you :smile: Just wanted to inform the users here to let them hear some good news :lol:

Cheerz,
GenocidE
genoxcide

Post by genoxcide »

wsippel...

could it be that we phoned today?
then its truely a very very small world indeed :smile:

*g*
GenocidE
wsippel

Post by wsippel »

No, the world is not _that_ small... :wink:

Like stated in the afforementioned post, I'm not working for CW. The port is a community project, founded by Frank Hund and myself (I'm just a mere CW user and Linux addict. :wink:).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wsippel on 2004-04-19 22:07 ]</font>
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

Please, please, I beg of you: if it is at all possible, could you also take a look at the WDM driver for Windows? I still get blue screens sometimes, yet I'd prefer to use it because it has better performance than ASIO for me. Also there's the driver labeling, the stick-on-playback, etc. Do you have Sonar?

Thank you!

Shayne
Melodious Synth Radio
http://www.melodious-synth.com

Melodious synth music by Binary Sea
http://www.binary-sea.com
at0m

Post by at0m »

Shayne, Linix and OS-X are Unix based OS, so they have a lot in common. Windows is a different family.
wsippel

Post by wsippel »

atOmic got that right - well, mostly... :wink:

The low-level drivers for OSX and Linux have next to nothing in common: completely different framework (Linux->ALSA, monolithic design/ OSX->CoreAudio, BSD style) and different language (Linux->C, OSX->C++). They are about as similar as Linux and Windows drivers...

But the low-level driver will most likely become Open Source (necessary to be part of ALSA), so maybe some Windows coder want to give it a spin when the specs are available?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: wsippel on 2004-05-01 10:20 ]</font>
genoxcide

Post by genoxcide »

On 2004-04-30 22:39, Shayne White wrote:
Please, please, I beg of you: if it is at all possible, could you also take a look at the WDM driver for Windows? I still get blue screens sometimes, yet I'd prefer to use it because it has better performance than ASIO for me. Also there's the driver labeling, the stick-on-playback, etc. Do you have Sonar?

Thank you!

Shayne
I don't have Sonar but it would be good to ask the CW support how's going with new drivers... well at least on my system the WDM's are working well as far as i experienced... but not with sonar but cubase, FLStudio and Orion... these Hosts are working good with the ASIO drivers.

If i call CW again i'll ask for the WDM/ASIO Drivers :wink:

cheerz,
GenoX
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

Thank you!
nitri

Post by nitri »

Do you know the aproximate date for launch OSX drivers?
nomad

Post by nomad »

Hi,

any news updates on OS X drivers for creamware. I would
love to be able to switch over soon.

If there is any need for potential beta testers let me know as well.

Thanks
wsippel

Post by wsippel »

Sorry for the silence. Frank mailed me some time ago, and told me that he's currently creating some docs for our project. He promised me to send us the stuff in late August, so I really hope we'll have something to show in late autumn or something...
BTW, we had a great resonance so far, a lot of people want to give a hand. But we're still short on OSX developers (it's easier to find Linux/ PPC or even Linux/ Itanium devs then OSX devs). So, any OSX coder out there, please contact me ASAP!

PS:
Yep, I'm back... :wink: But I'm pretty busy lately, working on another project right now. Anyway, I'll keep you posted!
melenko

Post by melenko »

Thank's Wsippel,
could you let us know, from time to time,
what's going on?
there are some people patiently waiting,
sometimes impatiently!
sincerely yours
yasuk

Post by yasuk »

Any development lately??

ipeace, Y
Djfarfar

Post by Djfarfar »

Really looking foreward to some news... Want to know if one should just buy some new soundcard, just in order to move on to osx, or the wait could be worthwhile.
Phar.
melenko

Post by melenko »

It seems nobody will answer to us.
So, after a decent period of patience,
i will probably buy a MOTU soundcard,
i could use with osx.
lore

Post by lore »

unfortuantely the same thing is happening here : i'll go for a rme firewire 800 which i'm going to test on thursday.
my pulsar 2 will end into a pc dedicated to the net,winamp and office 2000, what a waste !
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

On 2004-10-18 22:47, lore wrote:
unfortuantely the same thing is happening here : i'll go for a rme firewire 800 which i'm going to test on thursday.
my pulsar 2 will end into a pc dedicated to the net,winamp and office 2000, what a waste !

Yeah, imagine if it was possible to use TWO MACHINES to make music, then you could have a killer setup where you route your OSX RME and all its wonderful soundgenerators into the SCOPE platform, or the other way around, or both ways! then you wouldnt need to waste the Creamware card for winamp and office.

But what the hell. :roll:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: piddi on 2004-10-18 23:25 ]</font>