Modular III questions

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

Liquid Len

Post by Liquid Len »

(1) Is there a way to convert from a gate signal to a midi signal (i know you can do the reverse)
(2) Is there any way to get an envelope to re-trigger with every new key pressed? I find if you dont release the first key you have pressed, and just hit a second key, there is no retrigger of the envelopes.
Counterparts

Post by Counterparts »

Liquid Len wrote:

(1) Is there a way to convert from a gate signal to a midi signal (i know you can do the reverse)
(2) Is there any way to get an envelope to re-trigger with every new key pressed? I find if you dont release the first key you have pressed, and just hit a second key, there is no retrigger of the envelopes.
Hi Len

(1) What sort of MIDI signal?

You can use the GateOr module to get a trigger signal from the gate signal, but I don't see what MIDI message you'd want to generate from 'On, Off' gate signals (?)

(2) Are you using the envelopes in polyphonic mode? Do you have the Esync feedback connection between the Envelope & MVC modules?

HTH,

Royston (modular newbie!)
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

In M III there is a MIDI gater module that can be clocked to retrig the midi note it receives. You have to feed it with something to find it at the output.

The gating of it is not easy though, as it seems conceived to work with clock signals, but I studied a conversion circuit that allows the gate sequencers to work with it.

I made two patches that you can see, the second one is thought to trigger arpeggios that are selected with ps32, seems tricky, but is a quite simple patch to use. of course they output only midi...

http://www.planetz.com/forums/viewtopic ... forum=15&6
Liquid Len

Post by Liquid Len »

Royston :

(1) What sort of MIDI signal?
Say, midi notes. if i wanted to have a midi instrument follow whatever some sequencer is doing. Or be dependent on something else.

(2) Are you using the envelopes in polyphonic mode? Do you have the Esync feedback connection between the Envelope & MVC modules?
Yes, i've tried it with and without poly out module, and made sure the polyphony for the patch is 1. And when I hit a key while i'm already holding down another, and then release the key, the original key doesnt retrigger. For instance, I hold down C3, press and release B2, I will hear C3, then B2, but not C3 again when B2 is no longer pressed. And i have both gate and esync connected from the MVC to the envelope.