sonicDNA (sDNA)
or
electroDNA (eDNA)

Just name it and let us at it! :D
mausmuso
ReD_MuZe

Re: FleXor future

Post by ReD_MuZe »

wow there are indeed some great names in that list! keep em coming...
sonicstrav

Post by sonicstrav »

I used an anagram solver to get the best words out of these combination of letters

ADERNFLEXOR - good one from this is EXEDRA

ASSAFDARFLEXOR - AREOLA

MUZENREDA (has ADERN backwards - has RED MUZE in it)

Or words that mean nothing:-

SYPHOFLEX
AUROPHON etc. etc.
Last edited by sonicstrav on Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
erminardi

Post by erminardi »

No brainer, I suggest Flexor IV... for SCOPE 5.0 :D :D :D

:roll:

:lol:
4PC + Scope 5.0 + no more Xite + 2xScope Pro + 6xPulsarII + 2xLunaII + SDK + a lot of devices (Flexor III & Solaris 4.1 etc.) + Plugiator.
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

Well, considdering the new less-modules more algos approach, I think something which includes the word dexterity - or hints to it - would be nice:

Dextor
Dextrata
Dexterata
MoDex
MoDext

or my favorite of them, just simply: Dexie
MayN

Post by MayN »

Offering names you agree on VST version
You agree absence Flexor on 5 version
Here all "patriots" Scope :( :evil:
Refrochia

Post by Refrochia »

Calm down MayN - take a chill pill :lol:

A problem has been highlighted - let Adern and SC talk and try to resolve. Once we know the outcome, then is the time to cry or be happy :D
There are known knowns. These are things we know that we know. There are known unknowns. That is to say, there are things that we know we don't know. But there are also unknown unknowns. These are things we don't know we don't know.
bcslaam

Post by bcslaam »

Transmodular
TransMod
Fibulator
FlexCode
TransCode
CodaMod
Transflexor
eFlexor
iFlex
TFlex
ModFlex
Fleximod
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

Wrong button!!
Last edited by nightscope on Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Women and rhythm-section first!”
nightscope

Post by nightscope »

Immanuel wrote:Well, considdering the new less-modules more algos approach, I think something which includes the word dexterity - or hints to it - would be nice:

Dextor
Dextrata
Dexterata
MoDex
MoDext

or my favorite of them, just simply: Dexie
A tad to close to a certain serial killer TV series currently airing for my taste. Tho we could have "The Dexie Chicks" doing the promos. Maybe whistlin' "Dexie".

Tho I think Dextrata has possibilities hidden within.

I actually love the original name "Adern Flexor". Rolls of the tongue, sounds very cool.

For a new name, I like Adern Strata or Adern Stratum.

stra·tum (strtm, strtm) n. pl. stra·ta (-t) or stra·tums

1. A horizontal layer of material, especially one of several parallel layers arranged one on top of another.

2. Geology A bed or layer of sedimentary rock having approximately the same composition throughout.

3. Any of the regions of the atmosphere, such as the troposphere, that occur as layers.

4. Biology A layer of tissue: the epithelial stratum.

5. A level of society composed of people with similar social, cultural, or economic status.

6. One of a number of layers, levels, or divisions in an organized system: a complex poem with many strata of meaning.

When I think of Flexor I think, rock, granite, extremely solid sounding. Hence, something geological and rocky. Strata = many layered, deep, etc.

The term "stra·tums" is also fun as it includes the name of "aTom" within. Also returns "StrAtom" as a possibility or "Stratom".

ns
“Women and rhythm-section first!”
Sounddesigner

Post by Sounddesigner »

garyb wrote:i respectfully suggest the principle participants involved figure this out and get over it.

i'm not placing any blame on any side at this point. i don't think EITHER party is free of blame if this can't be settled. a native version that could truly compete with a dsp version will certainly require it's own machine to achieve the same results....

I agree. If it can't be settled between both then there maybe more to it then we know. I only wish both party's the best in the end but i truly don't believe both sides will go unscathed threw such a split up. Ultimately a price would be paid and im sure we the customers will feel it SIGNIFICANTLY in the end also. Maybe i'm wrong and maybe something great will come from such a divorce but i truly don't see it. I do hope both party's atleast try to work it out, but if they are at a 'point of no return' then all the best.

@Assaf below are the names i can think of.

1. Vortex
2.Cawn
3. Influx
4. Infuse or Infusion
5. Aroyal
6. Pinnacle
7. Titan
8 Elixer
9. Highlite
10. Immortal
11. Creed
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

garyb wrote:...a native version that could truly compete with a dsp version will certainly require it's own machine to achieve the same results....
Thus I presume why they're re-writing code just to make a PORTABLE Flexor.
Dedicated DSP's rule. CPU's are bloated to compensate, and still don't cut it IMO.
I'll stick with the current Flexor.
Neverthless good luck.

Greg

p.s. by the way, why is Adern relying on EMAIL comm. with Soniccore? Why not just DRIVE there and resolve this directly (if they're in Germany)? Or at least a phone call?
Anyways, I think the two parties will work things out.
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
valis

Post by valis »

Adern is located around the world, Assaf is in Isreal for starters.
siriusbliss

Post by siriusbliss »

erminardi wrote:Ok. Scope 5.0 he is not my interest anymore.
Period.

:x
Scope 5 definitely interests me for everything OTHER than Flexor as well. :D

Greg
Xite rig - ADK laptop - i7 975 3.33 GHz Quad w/HT 8meg cache /MDR3-4G/1066SODIMM / VD-GGTX280M nVidia GeForce GTX 280M w/1GB DDR3
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

I have to admit the first version of Flexor didn't impress me (haven't tried v3), and the fact than Phil and Grainmiller were NEVER released (shall we blame that all on SC? Don't think so) leads me to be shedding no tears to see Adern's departure from Scope. Bowen, DAS, and other developers seem to be transitioning to Scope 5 all right so I simply don't see what Adern's problem is.

I have no interest in Adern's "native Flexor" either.

Hurray for Scope 5 and Sonic|Core,

Shayne
Melodious Synth Radio
http://www.melodious-synth.com

Melodious synth music by Binary Sea
http://www.binary-sea.com
kylie
Rank-o-phile

Post by kylie »

ReD_MuZe wrote:FleXor is being re-programed from the bottom up to be able to run natively, as well as on DSP systems.
and what dsp systems would that be? if the scope platform is ruled out, what are the alternatives?

-greetings, markus-
--
I'm sorry, but my karma just ran over your dogma.
astroman

Post by astroman »

Shayne White wrote:I have to admit the first version of Flexor didn't impress me (haven't tried v3), ...
admittedly, modular tweaking may not be everyone's favourite cup of tea...

but you missed one really important point (obvious already in version one)
Flexor is the only example that clearly shows how far you can actually drive sound processing in the Scope developement environement without having to resort to machine level coding.
in other words it's the existing proof of concept for the whole Scope paradigm and it's yet unparalleled in it's audible results

I see (and probably will have to respect) Red's point about the price, as he had that very same attitude right from the beginning on
to be honest it leaves me a bit clueless, as I remember a pic showing him playing Cello in front of the university's huge modular system and the pic's caption said ...that little cello is way more expensive than the wall of technology in the background... (or so, don't nail me on the words)
Should I call him a snob ?
Rather not - he's a personality, with edges, passion, possibly ambigous, I dunno and don't wanna judge...

It has already been mentioned by others - Flexor had such a ridiculously low price, that anyone reading this board can afford twice the amount.
You don't have to pay it every month - just one single time.
The low price won't help to sell more copies anyway, which is a matter of fact, too. Like it or not.

As outstanding as Flexor is in it's programming and in it's sonic results - it won't really help to sell a lot of hardware.
Again that's a matter of fact. Like it or not, but that doesn't change a thing.
Today people buy stuff like the Spectrasonic's ready-to-go-sh*t and don't do their own sound design anymore...
because they don't have the time (aka money)
or lack the talent
and btw even Mr. Zimmer is doing a lot of native stuff recently, oops...

people are stupid by default - they will buy what's in the ads, what celebrities use, what they see on UTube
and they will stick with fame, glory and expensive, be it by rumor or by fact.
I've recently heard a sound snippet from $100 bass outperforming a US Fender Jazz which is more than 10times as expensive. Only a handful of people said '...great, I'll consider that brand on my next purchase...'
The majority is still keen on Jap, Mex or US instruments with the famous logo on the headplate.

don't get me wrong - I'd really appreciate if the two companies find a way to sort that out
(whatever the true reason may be)
even if an application like Flexor will never become mainstream, it's still like the icing on the cake
a huge field of experimentation for the curious, a scratchpad for ideas of the unconventional

not to forget it was kind of a historic breakthrough and the so-called community mightremeber that everyone owes a little bit to Adern for pushing the limits.

but don't even think that you cannot code quality stuff in X86...
or will you really want to try you expertise on a couple of files alternately written by Scope HexaChorus and the native version from TripleDat ? :D

cheers, Tom
garyb

Post by garyb »

:lol:

well put again, astro.
maky325

Post by maky325 »

siriusbliss wrote:
garyb wrote:...a native version that could truly compete with a dsp version will certainly require it's own machine to achieve the same results....
Thus I presume why they're re-writing code just to make a PORTABLE Flexor.
Dedicated DSP's rule. CPU's are bloated to compensate, and still don't cut it IMO.
I'll stick with the current Flexor.
Neverthless good luck.
These days i am really starting to think that sound quality,sonic quality or call it whatever you like does not depend so much on platform or power(what kind of CPU) used. Overall power is important that is out of question. What i am starting to believe is choosing/making right algorithm is reason for what you have in Flexor for example(or scope).

That does not mean you cant have same in x86. It is just processor. But the fact that DSP systems at this point are better still survive.
Last edited by maky325 on Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.