Why purchase a scope sp when power pulsar is our?

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

peripatitis

Post by peripatitis »

I was wondering about this since i found out that the scope studio didn't give you the ability to create your own synths.Now that power pulsar is out costing almost half the money a scope would and having the same dsp
power the question becomes more evident.
the software included with scope sp doesn't seem to justify the cost,perhaps in a future update will however i don't see any special
capabilities in the scope platform comparing to a pulsar one.Perhaps i am neglecting something but i dont see how this could stand commercially.
lionel_talkover

Post by lionel_talkover »

I decide a friend to buy a scope SP 6 months ago, and he asked me the same question (gluurpp...) when we receive the announce of the powerpulsar.
In france, the price difference is 33% less for the powerpulsar. According to Creamware France (be carefull, it was not an official annouce), the V3 of Scope SP will be a major release in several points :
- several synths that are in the shop : sb404 I guess, Poison, etc,etc.
- new consoles (about 64 channels I suppose)
- the triple dat plug-in
- STS 5000 (but it's already the case when you buy a scope)
- the real plus could be professionals mastering tools, like a multiband compressor, etc,etc.
Anyway, the difference can only come from software...
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Also hardware differences: Scope/SP comes with the Creamware SyncPlate, and PowerPulsar does not.

You also will get the /SP mixer (/SP has 11 mixers total right now, and will probably get a bigger version of the new Pulsar 2448 mixer in V3, I would guess), and the STS5000. /SP also comes with the VDAT's, PowerPulsar does not...

But yes, PowerPulsar is an excellent deal -- just realize Creamware knows /SP is their flagship product, they will almost surely give it a major boost with V3, just like Pulsar has seen recently.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: subhuman on 2001-10-10 16:10 ]</font>