Combining TC/Native Bundle with Pulsar II

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Acid Man

Post by Acid Man »

How about this one:

I plan to buy the Pulsar II. Now as the former discussion "Pulsar vs. Powercore" pointed out many of you are devided about the onboard fx.

How about adding a TC/Native bundle (with an excellent reverb) to the VST environment?

Or is this just taking up my processing power? Currently i experience heavy overloading of my processor. I think this is mainly because I use freeware plugins (ie. delay, reverb, flanger).

Do you think getting both will solve my problem?

Cheers,

Ryan
jupiter8

Post by jupiter8 »

"Currently i experience heavy overloading of my processor. I think this is mainly because I use freeware plugins (ie. delay, reverb, flanger)."
So you suspect that the freeware plugs is the problem? I don't think so. If you have problems with CPU power now a TC Native bundle won't help as it is rather CPU heavy.
Just to make one thing clear the Powercore has a much better reverb algoritm than the Native bundle. There are not the same to say the least. My advice is if you want the FX go for the Powercore if you want synts and samplers go for the Pulsar.
I have a Pulsar so i'm not biased towards the Powercore. I choose to spend my money on a Pulsar II and don't regret it.
Acid Man

Post by Acid Man »

To go short;

This means buying the Native Bundle doesn't solve my problem concerning my CPU overload. Perhaps any tips?

I need a new card now because the directX driver my DS2416 card has does not work correctly, not even with the latest driver. I can't wait until December....

though luck!

Ryan

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Acid Man on 2001-09-28 05:28 ]</font>
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

I think even the MasterVerb kicks the TC Native reverb's butt... I really don't like the TC native reverb, too muddy and smeared. Not that you asked for my opinion though :smile:

Really glad to hear the TC PowerCore has a different reverb on there, jupiter8 can you compare it to one of TC's hardware boxes?
jupiter8

Post by jupiter8 »

From what i understand it is the same algorithm as the Protools reverb which far superior to the native reverb. My favourite reverb, be it hardware, software or whatever.
I have'nt tried any hardware boxes from TC but they claim it is the same as the TC 5000 with some improvements from the TC 3000.
I have'nt tried the Powercore either for that matter.
Cause i think i'll want it to much and can't really justfy the expense for the moment.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: jupiter8 on 2001-09-29 06:17 ]</font>
Air_PoLLo

Post by Air_PoLLo »

Hello. I might add that we run 3 TC M5000's. (one will be replaced with a M6000)

The reverbation of the TC powercore is good, it's more like a M2000 and has similarities with M3000 , but it's incomparable to M5000's "class 3 reverbs". Now, M6000 has "class 4 reverbs" awesome!

TC powercore is not recomended by me. Why? because you can buy a MAC or a PC and have it running waves bundle v3 with renissance reverb for amost the same price. And it sounds better too!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Air_PoLLo on 2001-09-29 19:23 ]</font>