individual outs on STS-5000

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

annecyops

Post by annecyops »

Hey crew, I have been trying to get the IOut working so I can isolate my samples, but every time I change the output of the sample, I wouldn't see any result what so ever. No signal on the mixer (ofcourse I connected all of the phisical outputs), no sound drop outs, no anything. I've really checked the manual, alot, and I follow the instructions, but I can't seem to get the outputs working. What do you guys think?? Holla back!
annecy

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: annecyops on 2004-07-24 09:31 ]</font>
wayne

Post by wayne »

hit "additional" on the sampler and assign the programs to Iouts, then turn 'em up :smile:
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Also there's a global volume control (may not be mentioned in the manual) for main out and IOut - can't remember where it is, somewhere on the main Program window. Make sure they're both jacked up. Also make sure that main mix out is at zero and IOut mix is on full for the individual Programs.

Mr A
annecyops

Post by annecyops »

Hey Mr. A, thanks again for the advice. I got the outs working (ofcourse). I just got the 2448 mixer so I just string the outputs on it for proper eq/comp. Have you checked out that Orbitone Impressor yet?? I've been kind of thinking about that one, how the comp sounds (if it's got it's own characteristics etc) in comparison to the vinco.
Mr Arkadin

Post by Mr Arkadin »

Heehee, i see you've got the SCOPE bug - you wanna buy everything :sad: i do know i love Vinco for compressing Bass, Vocals, Kicks, well anything really. For entire mixes i like OptiMaster (multiband compressor).

You get a regular comp and multicomp in the Orbitone pack so that may be better value, not sure of the tonal qualities though. Also on the super-cheap front (well free) is D-Comp which i used all the time before i got Vinco - quality free device and simple.

Mr A
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

Don't forget Master-D from D-Mute also for mastering, and the always usefull FinalLiza.

I love Master-D, it work very well as-is :smile: