Pulsar 3.0 Reverb and STS 2000

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

celmo

Post by celmo »

I had a chance. I heard the new reverb from Pulsar 3.0.
Really amazing. With his own character.And also very efficient. Easy to program. Beautiful..........
Nice device.
And the new STS 2000, which is a kind of EZ reader, is not a toy like the sample player.
Wow, wow, wow, wow , wow !!!
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Now I am getting excited. The question is: "load 3.o immediately and get angry while discovering all the bugs, or wait a couple of weeks for 3.01.?"
Mo

Post by Mo »

On 2001-09-04 01:37, Celmo wrote:
I had a chance. I heard the new reverb from Pulsar 3.0.
Really amazing. With his own character.And also very efficient. Easy to program. Beautiful..........
well. is it as good as established hardware? i guess it can´t be, because of the (relative) low power of a pulsar (compared to the u-audio card for example) and no onboard ram, so it has to stress the pci bus...
<font face="courier"><i>native wishes...</i></font><br><font face="verdana" color="orange">da <font size="+1">peppi connection!</font> <b><i>music</i> and <i>video</i></b> feeds at <font size="+1"><a href="http://www.peppisworld.de">www.peppisworld.de</a>
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

<i>well. is it as good as established hardware? i guess it can´t be,</i>

I suggest you wait and hear it for yourself before you condemn it :grin: Also, what Pulsar reverbs have you heard? Some of them DEFINITELY are in the same league as the hardware boys...
Claas

Post by Claas »

Hi,

can you tell me, which Pulsar-Verb ist as good as a hardware Reverb.
Thanks a lot.

Claas
On 2001-09-17 09:25, subhuman wrote:
<i>well. is it as good as established hardware? i guess it can´t be,</i>

I suggest you wait and hear it for yourself before you condemn it :grin: Also, what Pulsar reverbs have you heard? Some of them DEFINITELY are in the same league as the hardware boys...
Mo

Post by Mo »

that´s something i would also like to know... :grin: which one you´re talking about, subhuman...?

i know paul´s, nick´s and the timeworks stuff. and none of them is able to reach the quality of the lexicon that a friend of mine has. btw, i don´t know any soft-plug reverb, which can do that... maybe the realverb. but that one on sharcs would eat up a whole scope card or more... incl. memory... :wink:
<font face="courier"><i>native wishes...</i></font><br><font face="verdana" color="orange">da <font size="+1">peppi connection!</font> <b><i>music</i> and <i>video</i></b> feeds at <font size="+1"><a href="http://www.peppisworld.de">www.peppisworld.de</a>
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

Mo(Pearl), Lexicon makes a huge RANGE of reverbs! So again, I'll be more specific once you're more specific here. Give me model numbers.

One example: EZVerb kills Lexicon MPX100 hands down... and you can run 4 of them on a decent motherboard.
garyb

Post by garyb »

bad reverbs? for this song or that song,maybe.
but, bad(??) reverbs??
thats like bad fish or bad dirt or bad elements or bad stars.bad for you maybe,but maybe for a different imagination, good. it seems to me that it depends on what is expected.there is a use for almost every sound.i have worked in a music store(that specializes in used gear) for over 12 years and i'll bet i've seen (and heard) more gear than most any of you. i've also seen more musicians than most. what i've found is that the old jamaican folk saying still rings true."don't watch the tool,watch the man that's behind it." that said i am looking forward to the new verb being much"richer". still the pt and timeworks verbs (including the easy verb) are very "good".(to name a couple) one can never have too many reverbs,'cause "variety is the spice of life". (in deference to earlyfirst, you could have too damn many verbs in one song tho...maybe not too many delays,however.....hmmm)

oh my,more ranting. i blame my schools and role models.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: garyb on 2001-09-21 23:06 ]</font>
EarlyFirst

Post by EarlyFirst »

(in deference to earlyfirst, you could have too damn many verbs in one song tho...maybe not too many delays,however.....hmmm)

HAHA!!

Nice atleast someone agrees :grin: And you are correct you can never have too many delays...

PS love the rant!

Paul