Graphic refresh rate problems

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

I've noticed this right when I got the pulsar quite a while back but the graphic refresh rate for pulsar plugins (VU meters and stuff) are really slow and choppy. If this were DirectX plugins we're talking about, I wouldn't be surprised but we're talkin' hardware DSP plugins... I'm not really sure what's causing this problem.
Does anyone else have this problem? I really don't know what to tweak. I'm pretty sure it's not my video card because my DSP Factory and c-console combo works fine.

Oh yeah, and while I'm at it, lemme discuss one more minor question. On the big mixer, when I want to reset the margin display, I double click on the number right? This doesn't seem to work every single time. I have to click a couple (more like a dozen) times to get it to reset. When I fail, it goes to a 96. Other times, it goes into text input mode. So this whole deal sounds a little strange to me. I'm like, "why is it asking ME to type in the numbers? I thought I was the one asking for the numbers."
Air_PoLLo

Post by Air_PoLLo »

Welcome to the Pulsar enviroment, home of the beatiful but yet slow graphics.
It's like that for all of us. don't worrty, the onboard DSP's works very well but only the graphic seems to be slow.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Air_PoLLo on 2001-08-30 08:17 ]</font>
Stubbe

Post by Stubbe »

The eternal mr. Positive would probably remark, that the priority : sound over vision is the best one :wink:

He would probably also say something about ver. 3.0 holding the possibillity of improvement, before he is sent to the bottom of the harbour with something cheap and heavy around his feet :smile:

Cheers
Stubbe
jupiter8

Post by jupiter8 »

According to some persiitant rumours this has been fixed in v. 3.0. Some routines has been reprogrammed in a faster programming language.
we'll have to wait and see.
For me that is not a problem as i don't use any VU:s in Pulsar. I'd rather have the loading and de-loading of the synts speed up. Hopefully they have fixed that too.
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

Well, I guess since we all have one good eye... called the EAR, we really don't need any VU meters. Anyway, it's good to hear that they're trying to do something about it.
thanx for all your input though.