Pulsar 2.04a installation

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

Has anyone had the installation freeze up? This might be an old issue but right after I start the installation, after I choose the language, I get a bit of HD reading and then it stops. Just wondering if anyone had the same problem.
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

I'm not sure if this makes a difference but I'm trying to install the upgrade from 2.01.
The installer seems to look for something and goes through the drives... then it stops.
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

(Sorry to keep adding)
It seems like the installation hasn't proceeded far enough because the 2.01 software still works normally. So I guess no files are over written yet.
This is totally wierd....
algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

sounds weird. have you used the update successfully b4? [possibly corrupt/incomplete download suspicion]. you do not have pulsar running in the tray right? closed down all background apps (and i hope you do not have antivirus software running on that there machine. . .)

good luck dude or dudette!

BTW there is an edit feature here so you can go back and add to a message w/out reposting . . .
subhuman

Post by subhuman »

To be honest it sounds like a corrupted installation file. There was a trick to finding which installation file it was stopping on, but I can't remember...

Perhaps someone else can fill in? Worst case, you redownload the whole thing.
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

This may be obvious, but when you unzip the files they all have to be in the same directory. Depending on how you unzip you can find that each downloaded file unzips in a new temp directory. If you leave them like this the update will run for a while then stop when it can't find the rest of the files. Just cut and paste everything into one directory.

And watch out for the bug once you've updated and restart. If the machine keeps crashing (like mine did) you have to go into Windows safe mode and change the block size from 64 to 128 (see the 2.04 readme).

cheers,
Spirit
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

Ok Ok.. Thanx for all the help guys. I found out that my NTFS for 98 (winternal's) was causing the problem. I booted without loading my NTFS drives and everything went fine. Now I can use the sts5000 software... FINALLY!!!! Anyway, thanx for all your time!