Patience, please stand by

Planet Z Announcements

Moderators: valis, garyb

roberflas

Post by roberflas »

This sounds like creamware is going to be bought by another company.
we will have SFP 4, in a short period of time?
Shayne White

Post by Shayne White »

It sounds good, but what is the phrase "in good hands" supposed to mean? :eek:

I'm still not completely confident yet, I just hope Frank can answer some of our questions. :smile:

Shayne
Melodious Synth Radio
http://www.melodious-synth.com

Melodious synth music by Binary Sea
http://www.binary-sea.com
interloper

Post by interloper »

Um, the man said be patient...

:roll:
purator

Post by purator »

On 2004-01-19 12:15, johnbowen wrote:
No booth at NAMM...they will be at the Frankfurt Messe with a booth.
YAY! I'm going...
menno

Post by menno »

Well if there's one thing CW has taught me over the years, it is to be patient :wink:

But, it usually is worth the wait...
rodos1979

Post by rodos1979 »

Sounds like good news to me! :smile:
Thank you John for the info :smile:
hubird

Post by hubird »

On 2004-01-19 13:53, Shayne White wrote:
... but what is the phrase "in good hands" supposed to mean? :eek:
that's indeed the crucifix...
I gamble there will follow a big surprise soon...
doodyrh

Post by doodyrh »

On 2004-01-19 13:53, Shayne White wrote:
... but what is the phrase "in good hands" supposed to mean? :eek:
And the word "transition"?
The only question left in my mind is 'who's buying?'.

:smile:
braincell

Post by braincell »

I hope "in good hands" means in new hands because the old hands didn't do a very good job. Creamware has to do 2 things well. Make great products and make money and they failed miserably at the money part. Telling us that the radio software is doing well doesn't make me feel better. It's like a bandage on a wound that won't heal. I'm looking forward to the new thread.

Slightly OT:

I don't like having the price of software listed only in Euros. I shouldn't have to go to another sight to figure out what the price is. You want to make it as difficult as possible to buy something. Maybe you are ashamed of the price because it is so high?
astroman

Post by astroman »

indeed, Braincell - that stuff begins to get expensive for you :wink:
I had the reverse effect recently when checking eBay US for a (hardware) Odyssey.
Since they immediately convert currencies I sat slack-jaw :eek: that cheap ???

cheers, Tom

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: astroman on 2004-01-20 09:14 ]</font>
John Cooper

Post by John Cooper »

Please, do not jump to any conclusions based on my choice of words "transition" and "in good hands".

Again, please have patience. I was hoping to stem the tide of rumors, but seem only to have initiated a new round!

-John
petal

Post by petal »

Slightly OT:

I don't like having the price of software listed only in Euros. I shouldn't have to go to another sight to figure out what the price is. You want to make it as difficult as possible to buy something. Maybe you are ashamed of the price because it is so high?
[/quote]

Oh you mean like when we are looking at american sites?

hmm - yeah that mioght be a good idea?

Thomas :wink:
coc999

Post by coc999 »

stayin alive creamware ! I " want " my old pulsar under osX :smile: ...
King of Snake

Post by King of Snake »

On 2004-01-20 11:00, John Cooper wrote:
Please, do not jump to any conclusions based on my choice of words "transition" and "in good hands".

Again, please have patience. I was hoping to stem the tide of rumors, but seem only to have initiated a new round!

-John
yeah, we're such a bunch of old women! :grin:
King of Snake

Post by King of Snake »

On 2004-01-20 08:46, braincell wrote:
I hope "in good hands" means in new hands because the old hands didn't do a very good job. Creamware has to do 2 things well. Make great products and make money and they failed miserably at the money part. Telling us that the radio software is doing well doesn't make me feel better. It's like a bandage on a wound that won't heal. I'm looking forward to the new thread.

Slightly OT:

Your objections to the prices are well known by now, but if you can show us a competitors product, either the hardware or the software that offers similar capabilities and quality for a substantially lower price I'd love to see it (and no, "free" VSTi's don't count).

Sure CW doesn't come cheap, but then nothing good ever does. I'm sure CW's products have parts that can be improved upon, but I assume CW understand this and are working on it.

The financial situation doesn't help, but how do you know it if it was the managements fault? You're always very quick to blame on the "old hands", even though due to the economical crisis CW is certainly not the only company going trough problems.

As for the prices on the website, CW is a German company. Due to the variable rate of exchange between dollars and euros it would be a lot of work to constantly keep the dollar prices up to date. I'm sure it could be done, but I hardly think it's fair to say they make it "as hard as possible" to buy the products. Well...maybe if you classify spending 10 seconds surfing to another website as "hard".

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: King of Snake on 2004-01-20 14:49 ]</font>
Eric Dahlberg

Post by Eric Dahlberg »

Access had their booth space this year & garnered very little traffic themselves. Maybe it's a cursed space. :wink:
Uncle E
JRR Shop
TEL: 949-553-8898
FAX: 949-263-1818
http://www.jrrshop.com
http://www.justroots.com
interloper

Post by interloper »

Yeah, some people need to engage logical thought prior to firing off some negative statement that might only have an inkling of truth.

What good does it do, besides stir up crap?
Billy goat gruff

Post by Billy goat gruff »

It's always easier to pull something apart than to build.
garyb

Post by garyb »

cw stuff is CHEAP.go look around the REAL audio/music production world and see STUPID high prices.compared to consumer bullshit and garbage,yes cw is a LITTLE bit expensive.madcow-free beef is slightly higher in price than that stuff at the corporate burger stand......

since i bought my first card four or so years ago,i've seen haters and baggers go on about what a bunch of profiteers cw is while cw makes just about the ONLY product not to charge for major updates and while they gave out free plugs for christmas!i've seen the programmers trashed by those who know nothing of programming let alone how to operate studio gear.is strife and hate really what all this life is about?

damn!please give it a rest.if other manufacturers make a nice product,just smile,say "that's nice",and use it if you wish.if there is something you want from the programmers,let them know encouragingly without cursing.if there's a bug,point it out and hope it CAN be fixed and trust the company to make an effort as they always have.why not be a userbase that cw would WANT to help and work for?

as the the financial outlook,poor capitalization is something EVERY small company has to deal with in these days of the mega conglomerate.money is one of the ways to stifle competition(out advertise,flood the market or just aggerssively gather another's stock)and it is used often.although not nessessarily paid up front,it can cost a lot of money to get major magazine coverage.getting in guitar center COSTS,especially if you want any support in the sales department.gc requires horrible concessions in price from their vendors.the story of the death of acoustic(who remembers that gear)is a case in point.we like to think of business as a free for all,run by the consumer's dollar,when in reality,there are many old established networks in every industry which control the flow of capital and products.carving out a niche involves more than just what they teach in business 101.it involves cooperation from forces one might think have nothing to do with a given product.the fact that cw's doors are still open shows a fair degree of tenacity and skill.were mistakes made?MAYBE.or maybe that truck making a routine stop behind you just had break failure.........

come on cw,i like your product and i'm pulling for you.
interloper

Post by interloper »

On 2004-01-20 21:22, garyb wrote:
damn!please give it a rest.
Yes.
come on cw,i like your product and i'm pulling for you.
I'd venture to guess that 99.5% of the entire use base feels the same way.