The invisible modules syndrome ...

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

decimator

Post by decimator »

I hope, I'am not the only one struck by this odd disease.
Suddenly when you want to add a new module, nothing happens ... apparently.
But the DSP toll rises and the window is stretched vertically ...
The modules are here but they are cloaked, I thought cloaking devices were invented in the 23th century or so.
A bitching bug since now I have only one module out of ten appearing ! high marks for j9k modules ( the most responsives )

I hope a reinstall upon the previous one will be the cure since I'd hate to reinstall the whole circus from scratch ... ( windows XP )

My Mod2 key is not in my allkeys file ( not alone in this case ) if I use the allkeys with my ModIII upgrade keys inside, it's like putting a roof on a non existing house : kaboom !!

For Flexor tho, I'am ready to endure massive amounts of bugs ! :grin:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: decimator on 2003-12-30 16:56 ]</font>
braincell

Post by braincell »

I have the same problem but with invisible cables. They still work they just can not be seen after I save and load the project.
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

I´ve got the same problem with the invisible cables, too.
Once you´ve moved the module(s)a little and drop them back, you can see the cables again.
CW´s modular has his own behaviour sometimes.
decimator

Post by decimator »

Only the cables ? lucky you ! :wink:
I have no problmes with the cables fortunately ...
I noticed my problem once when I called a module, it didn't appear, I thought I had badly clicked, next click okay but it degenerated : 2 modules in a row, 3 ...
Sometimes when a module is displayed, the upper half is out of the window, where it cannot be normally.
When CW will be better, I hope they will some attention on the bugs.
They cannot though deter me from my modular drug !! :grin:
When I love something ... :lol:
next to nothing

Post by next to nothing »

are u just "clicking" to add modules? i hope u mean "dragging" them (leftclick and hold) into the modular window as the manuals says u should :smile:
Bill Doughty

Post by Bill Doughty »

piddi's right. If you "drag" the modules from the menu into the modular window, you won't have that problem. At least, I've found that I don't.

In fact, I've found that if I don't drag them, then they ARE loaded as you say, but they are located above the external i/o modules, i.e. in a part of the window that you can't scroll to. Rather annoying. Especially if you've been working on a patch for a while without saving, because now you have extra modules taking up DSP and you CAN'T delete them because you can't see them. And even though I'm careful to try to drag them, sometimes I slip up... Argh. I agree it would be nice to have this one fixed.

Bill
decimator

Post by decimator »

Thanks a lot Piddi : it now works again ! :grin:
So far the clicking alone add modules flawlessly so no need to read the manual as I tweak before reading ! :lol:
I really must read manuals more seriously from now on ... however as Joker said, if you slip you still have an invisible module that will eat some DSP !

The odd thing is that it wasn't a straight bug, it developed on my system as time goes by ... hmmm ...