Noisy Neghbours

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Counterparts

Post by Counterparts »

Neil B wrote:

Only a bit of fun, but what would you play?
:grin: :grin:
Motorhead: I Got Mine, Ace of Spades, Overkill

followed by:

Black Lace: Agadoo

That'll learn 'em! :smile:

Royston
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

get a loud instrument, and keep practicing 'till you get good at it. That way, you'll drive them insane, AND learn an instrument. Trumpets are cool.. trombones? Saxophone?

I think practicing an unperfected instrument is much more disturbing than any music that actually "flows". It's like C-D-F-mistake, C-D-mistake, C-D-F-A-mistake, C-mistake, C-D-mistake

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: kensuguro on 2003-11-03 11:30 ]</font>
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

Yea, I know!

Compose a 20 minutes track with warlike effects: bombs, missiles, machineguns, planes rushing down bombarding the city, and then put their Surname as the cause of it, as if a foreigner Commandant was there waiting for them to come out saying:

“You are surrounded! Throw all your Hi-Fi components through your window, including all your bad CDs which bothers Nail so much, or you will all blow into the air with your house!”

That could work… well… it is perhaps a bit too much :lol:
*MUSIC* The most Powerful Language in the world! *INDEED*
Neil B

Post by Neil B »

Well, what a nasty, vindictive bunch of guys we can be eh? :grin:
I love some of the contributions (well, all of them really) and, in the spirit of fun that they were intended, I've had some really pleasant daydreams about each one :grin:
Motorehead - yeah
Black Lace - Agadoo - perhaps too vindictive, and possibly they'd have a Karaoke session to it.
Nasty creatures from Australia and tarantulas pushed through the door? Maybe.
Play something horrible deliberately - well, you've heard my uploads and I can't get much worse than that :grin:
Learn an instrument - yeah great idea.
Record a couple of minutes of sexual moaning? Well, there's an 8Mb limit to Planet Z but me & Janice are not going to reduce our pleasures by 95% :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Good fun guys and thanks for the tips.
Stubbe

Post by Stubbe »

Oh, I'm not sure we are done just yet :smile:

Had a friend back in the college-years (waaaaay back....) who had a big stereo and the stamina to use it consistently to its full capabillity every thursday-friday-saturday-sunday night untill late.

So far so good, only minor problems with neighbors (I guess we were all kinda loud) until one famed friday night, when he decided to go downtown in the middle of a record.

So he left his rega turntable to its own devices. Now, in case you don't know, it was one of those things that doesn't lift the pickup automatically at the end of the last track...

When the neighbors and justabout everybody above and below had been entertained with >THUMP<...>THUMP<...>THUMP<... for around 3 hours they kinda lost patience with my friend, three of the biggest guys rammed his door and killed the thing.

6 am my friend comes home, not really sober, sees the damage, but wisely decides it better attended to in the morning. Or afternoon, whatever comes first. Wakes up 7:30 am as his radio alarmclock goes off at max. level (the intruders fixed that).

Obviously now in a more sensitive state, he gets so annoyed that he grabs the radio and pulls hard. Somehow he must have forgotten the wire going from the socket near the floor to the back of the radio, but he is kindly reminded, as his 2,5 m high by 4 m wide fully loaded book-cabinet, in which the radio was placed, describes an almost perfect quarter circle down over my friend and his bed, emptying all its contents along the way. Timber...
We later found broken stuff as far away as the hallway.

He had some explaining to do to the administrator the following monday about his door, the book cabinet, the big dents in the floor and the broken bedframe. He then had the style to go buy a new stereo and turntable.

He just got a little more quiet after that :grin:

Cheers
Stubbe
astroman

Post by astroman »

:lol: greeaaat :lol:
braincell

Post by braincell »

God Save The Queen - by The Sex Pistols
Pump It Up - by Elvis Costello
Helter Skelter - by The Beatles

That ought to do the trick.

You also might want to try what the FBI used at Waco which was Tibetan ritual music.
j9k

Post by j9k »

i wouldn't take an opportunity to get out right revenge. just don't feel guilty when you want to turn up your music or make a racket any time you wish but not just to piss them off.

i have live with noisy neighbors for years and they learn to put up with my noise just as much as theirs. well not always. check the music section tomorrow.

and keeping with the music selection if you do go that route Throbbing Gristle- seccond anual report. can't beat that for nerve wracking.

oh a better idea. progam a sine wave in the modular to be frequency modulated between 30hz and 45hz slowly. ohh the humanity!!!!!!!!!!

j9k

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: j 9 k on 2003-11-06 03:54 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: j 9 k on 2003-11-06 04:12 ]</font>
braincell

Post by braincell »

Tomorrow I am buying a house in the country and there will be no neighbors in sight! I'm going to live there 4 days ot of each week and they even have DSL!
marcuspocus

Post by marcuspocus »

you lucky braincell! :smile:

No neibourghs, a dream..
braincell

Post by braincell »

and I can start moving in there on January 1st!
emzee

Post by emzee »

Better arrange a schedule coz we're all gonna visit and bring our families.
braincell

Post by braincell »

It's in a ski resort and they also have a big lake for canoes, fishing, swimming and the Appalachian trail which is a massive (hundreds of miles) path through the mountains. I hope my old house will be rented soon because I can't afford 2 mortgages, which reminds me, I need to buy a mailbox.
madmod

Post by madmod »

He he reminds me of my youth,
My next door neighbour who worked nights desided he would blast his stereo 3am every tuesday morning.
this went on for about a month,all the neigbours were pretty cool about loud music but this was over the top. Now I was working in a Pro Audio store at the time, so i borrowed a double 4way with big fat subs, approx (20000watts) and set it up and aimed at his bedroom.. dialed it up flat out and shouted through a SM 58 mike.. Shut up then played Def leppard - Die hard the hunter then turned it off ... silence.. i woke at 9am tues and gave him round 2 ...No 23 this is you wake up call... And played some Slayer after the song had finnished i announced over the mike.. if you continue you acts of noise pollution this will be your alarm clock.
Never heard a peep out of him again.