Sample Pool problems

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

I can´t remember but I think this is a old problem,or?

I made a Sample Player Synth and when I change the preset the samples won´t change in the Sample OSC´s. Why this problems isn´t solved Creamware,damn -better shit.

Is it my error or is the Sample Pool simply stupid. I hate that, they sell a product, I paid for it and it is full of bugs.

If there is no solution I must use the sample pool that Ben posted with his Jaded 800,or?

Thanks for your help.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChrisWerner on 2003-06-10 08:09 ]</font>
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

I´ll give up, I used John Bowens Wav Pool and got the same problem, the sample OSC´s don´t update when I change the preset.
Thanks Creamware for this crap.

Two weeks work lost.
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

Hi Chris,

don't know if this will solve your problem or not, but I used to get the problems you're talking about, and I replaced the Sample Osc in my patch with the latest version, which came with whatever the last release of SFP was, and from then on, the samples get remembered properly. (You do have to recreate the presets again, but once you've done this it should be OK.)

So it may be that you've been working on a sample based patch which is using the old Sample Osc module. I wish patches would be intelligent to load the most up to date version of a module, but they clearly don't so this might be something to try.

Certainly worked with the Jaded800 patch.

Cheers,
Ben
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

Thank you for the answer Ben,
How can I have more than one version of the OSCs installed?
Okay, I have mod2 and bought modIII, both are installed. The sample player patch uses modIII only. I use sfp3.1c.
Isn´t that the newest version?
Cheers

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChrisWerner on 2003-07-07 03:08 ]</font>
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Same problem here. It makes the samle osc almost useless.

Helloooooooooo Frank !
Ben Walker

Post by Ben Walker »

On 2003-07-07 03:08, ChrisWerner wrote:
Thank you for the answer Ben,
How can I have more than one version of the OSCs installed?
Hi Chris,
you'll only have one 'sample osc.mdl' file, but when you save a patch, the module you used when you built the patch is saved wth the patch, and not overwritten, even if a new release of the module overwrites the old .mdl file itself.
So, it occured to me that you might have used an existing patch as a starting point for your patch and this might still incorporate the old version of the osc & pool. If that's the case, just drag and drop the pool and osc into your patch from the menu, and replace the existing ones with these ones and that will ensure you're using the right versions of the modules.
I'm pretty sure this solved the problem for me (I think it was the pool, not the osc that was the problem) - check the Jaded800 patch - I don't think this suffers from the problem you mention anymore, does it? Sorry - I can't check - I'm away from home for another couple of months.
Good luck,
Ben
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

That's very interesting, because the patch where I had the problems was my "Half-Dex" which was in fact a remix of Christian's "Quad-Dex". That means my device would have been using the same components .....
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

That could be the solution I´ll try it today and let you know. Damn, always such little problems that you can´t calc with.
Thanks Ben, have a good time where ever you are!
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Good luck. Let us know how you go...

I'm holding off doing any more Mod work until Flexor arrives. Hopefully I'll still remember what to do. :grin:
ChrisWerner

Post by ChrisWerner »

Oh dear, no more modulars from spirit this year. :grin: :wink: