Jan-2003-Mod II-Mercury_drops

Showcase for musicians using Scope in their music. Only the 75 most recent music files are online. Older files expire off the server.

Moderators: valis, garyb

maket

Post by maket »

This file has expired and is no longer available here. The owner of the topic can re-upload the file, or post a link to an off-site file. <BR><BR><a name="planetz-tag"></a>Genre: Ambient<BR> <a name="planetz-tag"></a>Uses: Pulsar Synths<BR> copyright © maket2003<BR> _____________________________________<BR><BR> Modular contest song
title: Mercury's drops
used Patches:
1. Another_World :
modified preset "Ancient1" as "voodoo-choir"and "saxy" sound in real-time automation
2. DISCORD_beats:
two modified presets for "rythm part", "fx rythm part" and "bassoid" sound

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: maket on 2003-01-04 16:42 ]</font>
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

Is there such a genre as "hardcore ambient" ? Some nice sounds here, especially the main water-like reverb drop. Some of the others are really on the edge of high-resonance pain ! An unusual feel.
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

very intersting sounds. lots of sudden filter movements! and the squeeks! and a celebrated first entry. :smile:
Neil B

Post by Neil B »

Nice track Maket - nice sounds too.
Reminds me of a laidback Interface.
FreiFlug

Post by FreiFlug »

Hi,
interesting work. I like it :smile: . For me the part around 2:00 min could be a bit more longer.
Cheers!
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

What’s up Maket! You have been very daring acoustically this time didn’t you? I like most of all from 1 minute, then I don’t know very well what is going on and I get a bit lost myself, perhaps I’m used to recurrent atmospheres, of course, music have not to be this way or any other… it’s just the way I feel it. At 1.06 starts something really interesting sonically, some real engaging sounds, but they go away too soon as I suggest, and the fun it’s a bit lost for me.

There is as well, an interesting space, I’m somewhere, perhaps inside a futuristic car or something like that. :smile:

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: nestor on 2003-01-08 20:51 ]</font>
petal

Post by petal »

Really cool and painful..... I liked it a lot! The sound is really bright and clean, but the composition has a bit random searching feeling to it. I am missing some kind of a red thread that will do these great experimenting sounds justice. Besides that I'm impressed with the sound of the production.

Cheers!
Thomas :smile:
maket

Post by maket »

dear Nestor you said:"I’m somewhere, perhaps inside a futuristic car or something like that"
That is all i need to feel right reflection :smile:
About time well,it's a format just to advertise to that and comfortable to download(not everyone have a lot of time for me, i know that exctly)...Or probably "short cuts"...why not,does it cross any rules of competition?
:smile:
futuristicaly yours,maket :smile:
garyb

Post by garyb »

ooow er,wow,cool!(it is a cool vibe isn't it?)
might be a bit dangerous though,my ears are still ringing from very moderate volumes!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: garyb on 2003-01-09 02:30 ]</font>
mr swim

Post by mr swim »

This is fantastic . . . certainly gets my vote so far.

My criticism is similar to others . . . you create a huge range of interesting sounds and effects here, but they could really do with being developed a bit more. I was really quite cross when the tune finished at only 2.29 ! Of course, it did make me listen to it again. And again.

Very impressive stuff
borg

Post by borg »

couldn't agree more with mr will swim!

crazy sounds which need to be in a more complete song, rather than a demo...
cool
andy
the lunatics are in the hall