A Partial Goodbye from Algorhythm

Please remember the terms of your membership agreement.

Moderators: valis, garyb

algorhythm

Post by algorhythm »

Dear friends of Z:

I leave the relative comforts of my home in Akron, Ohio USA this Saturday Jan. 4 2003 to live in Panama serving with the Peace Corps. Presuming all goes well, I will be there until March of 2005. I will working in rural Panama, as an Environmental Educator teaching in Spanish. At this point, I am pretty excited and anxious about the whole ordeal.

I have given my audio computer to a friend for use in New York City. He is very glad to have a 933MB, 7DSP, Dual Monitor system, rackmounted in an SKB case given to him to babysit while I'm gone! I couldn't bring myself to sell it, and did not want to let it sit unused either. Look out for him on Z.

http://www.algorhythmz.com and my release on http://www.nologorecords.com will still continue in my absense, although I won't be doing web admin stuff. A friend is doing it for me.

My email access will be dependable, but infrequent. You can reach me at the email address in my profile or through my website, also in my profile.

I will dearly miss you all, friends of Z, and hope (and expect!) an email now and again. This is truly a great community and I am happy to have been a part of it for so long. I can honestly say that many of you are my friends and that I will miss you while I am gone. I will try and stop by when I can and tell you that I am alive and well. I also hope to establish some sort of blog on my website documenting my happenings . . . no details yet. check http://www.algorhythmz.com later for more information on this.

This is a big step for me; the beginning of a new era. I wonder where you all will be in 2005? I wonder what the Creamware SFP platform will be like then? Who knows, but I hope to see you all there when it happens.

Love,
Joel MacClellan // Algorhythm
[Pulsarian on Leave]
Immanuel

Post by Immanuel »

Hi Joel

Be well friend. Pop by, as you say, and good luck to you :smile: I hope you will be happy doing your job.

Immanuel Kuhrt
Information for new readers: A forum member named Braincell is known for spreading lies and malicious information without even knowing the basics of, what he is talking about. If noone responds to him, it is because he is ignored.
lifechanger

Post by lifechanger »

Glad they didn't send you to Mogodishu...Panama is a very beautiful and environmentaly-friendly country. Hope you get out of there before China takes over operation of the Canal. And, don't fall for those big Panama cigars....

A neighbor in Chicago

Take care....work hard...and have lots of fun! The Best for the New Year ...you're a great contributor to EVERYONE...INCLUDING PANAMA...NOW....
John Cooper

Post by John Cooper »

Congratulations Joel. I am sure your experiences and adventures there will be fuel for your future musical inspirations.

You'll be missed here!

Peace,
-John
Neil B

Post by Neil B »

All the best Algo.
I hope that all goes well for you and I wish you whatever you wish for yourself.
Thanks for all your help and friendship in recent times too.

Neil B
at0m

Post by at0m »

Wow, algo, that's quite an engagement! I admire that a lot, to take such action. It will be a unique experience.

I wish you all the best. We'll be waiting for you. :wink:
Nestor

Post by Nestor »

So dear ALGO, you’re finally going…

First of all, thanks for your awareness, your engaging, interesting posts of always and for your revolutionary way of making music, you kindly gave us a lot of yourself through all this.

Many here are going to miss you and I am one of them… Let me whish you the best possible life over there, in Panama… Of course, we’ll send you some mails to keep in touch with you Joel.

In pure Scot I want to say: Hae freens and hae life :Good friends result in a full life… :smile:
samplaire

Post by samplaire »

I hope you'll find your own algorhythm of life there in Panama, Joel. Knowing you a little I know there will be MUSIC present there. Even if it will be a rhytm played with your boot on a rocky surface :wink: Hope you know what I mean, man!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: samplaire on 2003-01-01 17:07 ]</font>
Jngaelin

Post by Jngaelin »

I wish you well =)
Spirit

Post by Spirit »

All the best for your adventure. I hope you find time to update us on your good work. Your Z-friends wish you well. :smile:
hubird

Post by hubird »

stay tuned in the meantime...!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hubird on 2003-01-02 02:39 ]</font>
garyb

Post by garyb »

yeah,thanks!and...see you soon.(at least on cathode-ray vision)
kensuguro

Post by kensuguro »

man.. you're gonna just like.. leave? we'll miss you a lot here. we've hung out for quite a long time! Anyway, good luck with the overseas encounter. We'll be waiting for you in 2005.
Micha

Post by Micha »

Have a good time there :smile:
And enjoy the rhythmn of Latin America.
alfonso

Post by alfonso »

ciao algo!

but i'm sure (i hope)we wont have to wait the 2005 to see you here....planetz causes addiction (the type of addiction of friendship and mental comfort!), and you can keep yourself informed of the pulsar things and download some pulsar music, and tell us about your new life in the off topic page...

see you soon...
paulrmartin

Post by paulrmartin »

Joel,

Be safe and come back to us better than ever. :smile:

Paul
Herr Voigt

Post by Herr Voigt »

God bless you.

Thomas
siberiansun

Post by siberiansun »

Vaya con dios, Joel!

/Andreas
astroman

Post by astroman »

all my best wishes and the right portion of luck, in case you need it.
It's a tough decision anyway, my deepest respect.
Cigars help to keep the mosquitos at bay :wink:

be back safe, Tom
krizrox

Post by krizrox »

How much do they pay? What will you be doing?