cubase\pulsar sudden death syndrome (by doggo)

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Post by Guest »

I have 2 pulsar ones.

From last night, an intermitent problem has proved terminal.
Cubase wont start, on its own or with pulsar activated. It says it cannot find any asio drivers and could not start ANY audioengine. Pulsar will play however through pulsar midi in module, but as far as cubase goes, it is dead in the water. Completely.

I have reinstalled cubase and pulsar drivers and programmes to no avail. CUBASE WILL NOT START with any audio engine. The asio configuration tests ok except that the audioengine for cubase would not start. Cubase if it does start without the audioengine, receives NO midi and WILL NOT recognise asio pulsarscope. I checked C drive for viruses but no viruses.

I have a portman parrallel port midi interface running an external synth, which had problems with cubase 3.65 but not with 3.7.
There are no listed conflicts in the device manager.
Direct replies Show thread
kiminet

Post by kiminet »

Subject: cubase crash

Try to run asio multimedia setup.
Try then to open cubase and let it take it´s time to open,
if it doesn´t find the asio drivers but opens anyway try to choose the pulsar asiodrivers in the audiosetup.
Hope this helps. A good advise is:if cubase or something else crashes don´t try to close windowa the normal way but
turn it off the violent way to avoid that the crash is experiened and remembered by the system.Then run the scandisk.

Kim

Post by Guest »

Subject: Cubase

I got some really vicious errors trying to get VST and Pulsar talking. It even gave me a "Windows exception", shut me down and turned off the power! Took me several goes to reboot - I was worried. The lesson was not to guess. I went through the Pulsar manual and did every single thing they said for integrating with Cubase, step by step, even though it wasn't the exact set-up I wanted. This solved most of my problems. The trick on the VST side was to make sure I loaded a song with appropriate ASIO drivers set up before playing anything. I then back-tracked from that set-up to the configuration I wanted.

Good luck,
Spirit

Post by Guest »

Subject: Re: cubasepulsar sudden death syndrome

Never make changes in pulsar without disabling audio in cubase or closing it.