MidChordr

Scope device files created using the Scope SDK

Moderators: valis, garyb

mausmuso

MidChordr

Post by mausmuso »

Hi There,
A new toy to play with.
Its a one note chorder that allows you to setup 12 switchable chords per preset.
If you are like me and do not pocess great keyboard skills this device may be what you are looking for.
I started out to develop a chorder so I could setup guitar like chords, but soon realised it had wider uses.
I have included a short PDF to detail the functionality.
I hope you find it useful.
regards
maus
MidiChordr_12.png
MidiChordr_12.png (56.79 KiB) Viewed 3394 times
MidChordr.zip
(1.88 MiB) Downloaded 153 times
masterec

Re: MidChordr

Post by masterec »

Wow...yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
soren_jepsen

Post by soren_jepsen »

Very nice :-)
mausmuso

Post by mausmuso »

Thanks Guys
There is a couple of things I would like to do but haven't figured how to
- Delay the midi to various notes so we could get a kind of strumming effect; and
- Adjust the velocity of individual notes. This would mean extracting the velocity data from the incoming midi note and then reestablishing the midi data for delivery to each note. Not sure this can be done.
maus
fra77x2

Post by fra77x2 »

i am not sure how you create the midi events there are several possibiliries but you can use a normal dsp delay line inside an async path to achieve delayed event creation. There is also an async delay module that can be used for simple synchronization of events. velocity can also be controlled when you create your midi event. I will upload a midi module in sdk project form to get an idea of some ways to implement this. -in a couple of days
fra77x2

Post by fra77x2 »

A midi note on/off button. Here is the sdk module.
midi_button.zip
(10.99 KiB) Downloaded 145 times
mausmuso

Post by mausmuso »

Thank you fra77x2,
I will have a play with this module to see if I can achieve something useful.
Your SDK videos got me started with SDK a few years back.
Always been grateful for the tips and tricks I learnt from you
regards
maus
fra77x2

Post by fra77x2 »

You are very kind. Thanks.

reminder:
There are two types of async modules some of them share the same name like "and", "add" etc.
The ones that are located in the sdk "circuit design" folders are computed on the CPU of the system. Use these only for display /device panels purposes. The ones that are located in the dsp list are computed on the DSPs. These should be used for control signals.
You can resave the dsp modules in a folder easily accesible by adding the module from the dsp list into the project and the saving it with right click / save as module function. If you look at the "module parameters" panel you will see that the modules that are computed on the DSP's are displaying dsp id/ load information but the modules that are computed on the CPU do not.

by using the "async" modules located in the sdk dsp list, the control path is computed on the dsps providing control parameters timing accuracy. Scope hardware midi will retain this accuracy.
mausmuso

Post by mausmuso »

Thanks again fra77x2 very useful information
regards
maus