XITE-1 PC CONFIGURATION REFERENCE
- katano
- Posts: 1438
- Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Re: XITE-1 PC CONFIGURATION REFERENCE
Hey Dante,
thanks. by „off the shelf“ i mean i.e go to an online shop and order a dell optiplex 7071. btw, this optiplex has an intel q730 chipset, any experience with that?
cheers,
Roman
thanks. by „off the shelf“ i mean i.e go to an online shop and order a dell optiplex 7071. btw, this optiplex has an intel q730 chipset, any experience with that?
cheers,
Roman
- dante
- Posts: 5089
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Melbourne Australia
- Contact:
Re: XITE-1 PC CONFIGURATION REFERENCE
No - myself just Z87 and Z390
- katano
- Posts: 1438
- Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Re: XITE-1 PC CONFIGURATION REFERENCE
Hi guys,
I finally ordered a new computer, specs see below. I'll let you know how it goes as soon as I get it
As I'm using console1 and console1 fader now in my mixing workflow (yes, I don't mix in Scope anymore, sadly), as well as Neural DSP plugins, my old computer can't handle it anymore - well it's almost 10 years old... I also switched from Cubase to Studio One...
Chassis: be quiet! - Silent Base 801 orange | glass window
CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K | 8x 3.80 GHz, 16MB L3-Cache
Mainboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z490-G | Intel Z490
Grafics: Intel/AMD Integrated Graphics (maybe I will still use my old Matrox M Card)
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 | 2x 16GB
SSD (M.2 / PCIe): 250GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus
PSU: 550W - be quiet! Straight Power 11
Hope it works well with Windows 10/64bit, Scope7 and Xite1
Cheers,
Roman
I finally ordered a new computer, specs see below. I'll let you know how it goes as soon as I get it
As I'm using console1 and console1 fader now in my mixing workflow (yes, I don't mix in Scope anymore, sadly), as well as Neural DSP plugins, my old computer can't handle it anymore - well it's almost 10 years old... I also switched from Cubase to Studio One...
Chassis: be quiet! - Silent Base 801 orange | glass window
CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K | 8x 3.80 GHz, 16MB L3-Cache
Mainboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z490-G | Intel Z490
Grafics: Intel/AMD Integrated Graphics (maybe I will still use my old Matrox M Card)
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 | 2x 16GB
SSD (M.2 / PCIe): 250GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus
PSU: 550W - be quiet! Straight Power 11
Hope it works well with Windows 10/64bit, Scope7 and Xite1
Cheers,
Roman
- dante
- Posts: 5089
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Melbourne Australia
- Contact:
Re: XITE-1 PC CONFIGURATION REFERENCE
Neural DSP - outboard DSP for Guitar amp/fx emulation ? Have you looked at OxBox ?
- katano
- Posts: 1438
- Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Re: XITE-1 PC CONFIGURATION REFERENCE
I‘m using their Architype VSTs for now, just one instance eats up lots of my old cpu, but they really sound amazing. Have a look at the Quad Cortex, that would be the hardware option, coming out this year. those are using 4x 500Mhz Sharcs and also offer profiling.
I haven‘t looked at OxBox, but will now
I haven‘t looked at OxBox, but will now
- dante
- Posts: 5089
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Melbourne Australia
- Contact:
Re: XITE-1 PC CONFIGURATION REFERENCE
Yeah bit of discussion here on reactive load viewtopic.php?f=31&t=36195&p=342166&hil ... ve#p342166
Sound on Sound review 2018 https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/universal-audio-ox
Sound on Sound review 2018 https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/universal-audio-ox
- katano
- Posts: 1438
- Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Re: XITE-1 PC CONFIGURATION REFERENCE
have you tried the neural dsp archetype plugins? they have 14 days free trial...
- dante
- Posts: 5089
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Melbourne Australia
- Contact:
Re: XITE-1 PC CONFIGURATION REFERENCE
Doesn’t it need a pedal ? Anyways I got unison stomp box and Marshall Plexi plugs w/- my new Apollo x6 so that will be my next guitar excursion.
- katano
- Posts: 1438
- Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Re: XITE-1 PC CONFIGURATION REFERENCE
We are already OT... anyway, it doesn‘t need a pedal, but you can use a midi controller like the behringer to control it if you like...
- dante
- Posts: 5089
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Melbourne Australia
- Contact:
Re: XITE-1 PC CONFIGURATION REFERENCE
Ok will check it out
- katano
- Posts: 1438
- Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Re: XITE-1 PC CONFIGURATION REFERENCE
I would recommend Archetype Nolly, and Architype Cory Wong if you are into Funk... also check out youtube, plenty of stuff there...
- yayajohn
- Posts: 1774
- Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:01 pm
- Location: Everywhere....Nowhere
Re: XITE-1 PC CONFIGURATION REFERENCE
How’s that Z 490 chipset working with Xite-1 ?
- katano
- Posts: 1438
- Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Re: XITE-1 PC CONFIGURATION REFERENCE
still waiting for the delivery
will let you know as soon as I got it up and running...
- yayajohn
- Posts: 1774
- Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:01 pm
- Location: Everywhere....Nowhere
Re: XITE-1 PC CONFIGURATION REFERENCE
- katano
- Posts: 1438
- Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: Zurich, Switzerland
Re: XITE-1 PC CONFIGURATION REFERENCE
Hi guys,
I can confirm the following setup works like a charm, I also added a dedicated GPU instead of the onboard Intel Graphics, now with 4 displays connected
First, I wanted to use my old Matrox M card, but it's too old and I've had lots of problems with native Plugins using OpenGL...
Also, for the first time, I got no crackles with the Scope Wave Driver, which is brilliant
Ok, here's the final config:
Chassis: be quiet! - Silent Base 801 orange | glass window
CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K | 8x 3.80 GHz, 16MB L3-Cache
Mainboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z490-G | Intel Z490
Grafics: ASUS GeForce GTX 1650
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 | 2x 16GB
SSD (M.2 / PCIe): 250GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus
PSU: 550W - be quiet! Straight Power 11
and here's a Pic, please don't look too close what's going on with cables under the desk ;-p Cheers,
Roman
I can confirm the following setup works like a charm, I also added a dedicated GPU instead of the onboard Intel Graphics, now with 4 displays connected
Also, for the first time, I got no crackles with the Scope Wave Driver, which is brilliant
Ok, here's the final config:
Chassis: be quiet! - Silent Base 801 orange | glass window
CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K | 8x 3.80 GHz, 16MB L3-Cache
Mainboard: ASUS ROG Strix Z490-G | Intel Z490
Grafics: ASUS GeForce GTX 1650
RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000 | 2x 16GB
SSD (M.2 / PCIe): 250GB Samsung 970 EVO Plus
PSU: 550W - be quiet! Straight Power 11
and here's a Pic, please don't look too close what's going on with cables under the desk ;-p Cheers,
Roman
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
- t_tangent
- Posts: 989
- Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 4:00 pm
- Location: UK
Re: XITE-1 PC CONFIGURATION REFERENCE
Wow, that looks great Katano. And thanks for the specs.
P.S. yes cabling is all our arch nemesis. Mine is everywhere
P.S. yes cabling is all our arch nemesis. Mine is everywhere
- yayajohn
- Posts: 1774
- Joined: Thu Mar 01, 2007 5:01 pm
- Location: Everywhere....Nowhere
Re: XITE-1 PC CONFIGURATION REFERENCE
Allright, thanks for the feedback. I'll be looking at Z490 I guess.
P.S. You ought to see my spaghetti mess, it's embarassing
P.S. You ought to see my spaghetti mess, it's embarassing
- Bud Weiser
- Posts: 3020
- Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:29 am
- Location: nowhere land
Re: XITE-1 PC CONFIGURATION REFERENCE
Looks great !
Was it essential not using iGPU graphics ?
I understand "GeForce" means Nvidia drivers,- no ?
In WinXP times, these were the best,- but nowadays, I read everywhere Nvidia drivers make problems in audio DAWs.
Was that "fake news" ?
Bud
Was it essential not using iGPU graphics ?
I understand "GeForce" means Nvidia drivers,- no ?
In WinXP times, these were the best,- but nowadays, I read everywhere Nvidia drivers make problems in audio DAWs.
Was that "fake news" ?
Bud
- valis
- Posts: 8033
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: West Coast USA
- Contact:
Re: XITE-1 PC CONFIGURATION REFERENCE
Gaming GPU's *can* do this, different driver versions and card combos will give you different results. Typically what happens is they set an extremely high priority to their driver/process to get a few more FPS for your games, and other tasks can suffer. Also each company has an awful lot of background tasks in this era, but that applies to Intel as well so there's no escape there.
You can do more minimalist drivers, but the best option is to opt for the Quadro/FireGL. The branding has changed for both of these lines from Nvidia/AMD both but it's the same basic concept which is: Workstation & "Clean" office installed computers with drivers that are vetted for work and not just play.
Since we have no need for the latest & greatest, finding a still supported Quadro that runs cool & low power (used or new) can give you similar gains with low cost and low thermals. The only real gotcha is that I'm finding more and more audio apps are using a lot of GPU calls for scalable interfaces, vector interfaces & the like. So getting something from a more recent generation may have more longterm advantages than in years past (going back 1-2 generations at most). It only saves you a lot of money if you go used now anyway, so no biggie if you get a last-gen card that runs under $300 and you're only doing audio stuff.
You can do more minimalist drivers, but the best option is to opt for the Quadro/FireGL. The branding has changed for both of these lines from Nvidia/AMD both but it's the same basic concept which is: Workstation & "Clean" office installed computers with drivers that are vetted for work and not just play.
Since we have no need for the latest & greatest, finding a still supported Quadro that runs cool & low power (used or new) can give you similar gains with low cost and low thermals. The only real gotcha is that I'm finding more and more audio apps are using a lot of GPU calls for scalable interfaces, vector interfaces & the like. So getting something from a more recent generation may have more longterm advantages than in years past (going back 1-2 generations at most). It only saves you a lot of money if you go used now anyway, so no biggie if you get a last-gen card that runs under $300 and you're only doing audio stuff.
- dante
- Posts: 5089
- Joined: Sat Nov 24, 2001 4:00 pm
- Location: Melbourne Australia
- Contact:
Re: XITE-1 PC CONFIGURATION REFERENCE
@Katano, great setup. Does Console 1 include any Sharc DSP inside it ? I cant find tech specs on that anywhere. Do you use discrete or tube mode ?