Summing in Scope versus outside the box

A place to talk about whatever Scope music/gear related stuff you want.

Moderators: valis, garyb

ShogunSpy

Summing in Scope versus outside the box

Post by ShogunSpy »

I have been mixing with DNA's Summer of 82 into Scope from Abelton live it makes a big diffrence opens up the mix ect. But it's got me thinking of analog summing. I wonder is it worth it to analog sum out and back into scope with example http://www.rollmusic.com/folcrom.php about $800 or a more budget friendly http://unitaudio.com/index.html of course you would need a pre amp as well.
Would the benefits be worth it. I have read a lot of different views on this and would like to hear your opinions
garyb

Re: Summing in Scope versus outside the box

Post by garyb »

analog summing might be better if you are going to use the finest gear, otherwise, i think you'll find that Scope sounds as good or better than summing outside the box.
jksuperstar

Post by jksuperstar »

I've used a 24channel mixer for combining native/scope/hw instruments together, and then got an A16 ultra + ADA8000 for mixing in scope. I really prefer scope! There is no loss through freq. ranges (some mixers do lose bass and highs definition) and the detail of every sound is simply better.

I've never used really high end analog gear, but I recognize scope to be really high end digital. And that exceeds any analog I can afford in my project studio.
garyb

Post by garyb »

yeah, i don't think $800 is even close to enough money to be an improvement. i'd rather spend the $800 on the room.
ShogunSpy

Post by ShogunSpy »

Wow that's good !