For sale: 2xScope, Magma Chassis, 5.1, Flexor, Solaris, FAT.

Have Scope hardware to sell or trade? NO DEALER POSTING ALLOWED.

Moderators: valis, garyb

Tau

For sale: 2xScope, Magma Chassis, 5.1, Flexor, Solaris, FAT.

Post by Tau »

EDIT: Scope cards are sold, Magma chassis is now on Ebay. Thanks!

Hi!

Once again, I'm here to offer my other Scope system - 21DSP on an External Express card chassis.

I had a nice trade deal set up a while ago, but there was a problem with the keyfile of the 15 DSP card, and I had to turn it down. I have now updated to v.5.1, and took care of the keyfile, so I now know exactly what's on the cards. To do that, i had to install and get everything running, so I also know that it's working, and it's time to move it :)

I'm looking for about 800 Euros + shipping for the whole package, not really interested in breaking it up. This will go on Ebay in a couple of weeks (I'm still sorting out photos and stuff), but if anyone here wants to jump ahead, just PM me with an offer.

Ships from Portugal, details on the next post...

Thanks!
Last edited by Tau on Wed Jan 29, 2014 7:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tau

Re: For sale: 2xScope, Magma Chassis, 5.1, Flexor, Solaris,

Post by Tau »

For sale here is a portable, fully working Sonic-Core Scope System, consisting of 2 PCI DSP cards and an External PCI chassis with Express Card for connection to a laptop Windows computer.

There are 2 Scope PCI cards, one 6DSP and one 15 DSP, linked via S/TDM, for a total of 21 DSPs. Combined, there's 24 channels of ADAT I/O, 16 channels of Z-Link I/O, 2x MIDI In/Out/Through, plus balanced and unbalanced Stereo audio I/O.

The chassis is a Magma CB2 PCI to PCIe, with an Express Card adapter, and the proper Silver cables that allow improved speed over the older PCI-PCMCIA racks. Although it's listed and sold as a 2 slot PCI expansion, this actually has 3 slots, so it's possible to add a second 15 DSP card to the system, for a maximum of 36 DSPs. This has been tested by myself when I had 3 cards. It's not possible to use 3 15 DSP cards because of the space inside the chassis, but 2x 15DSP + 1x 6 DSP is OK.

The chassis is in impeccable condition, I bought it new from the factory, and it has never left the studio. It has 2 chassis fans, and another on the PSU. You can make it quieter by using a DC-DC PSU like this one: http://www.mini-box.com/M3-ATX-HV-DC-DC ... tegory=981, with an external 90W 12v AC-DC converter to power up to 3 cards, which is cheap, fanless and noise free. You could also disconnect one or both front fans altogether, but I think this may be unwise, especially with a fully loaded system. Cards do get hot...

In terms of software, the 15 DSP has Scope 5.1, so compatible up to Windows 7/8, both in 32 and 64 bit versions (please note that STS samplers and a few other devices might not work properly under Windows 64 bit). The 6DSP has v 5.0.

Aside from the standard v5 plugins, some SC extras include:

- Modular IV

- Synths: Prodissey, Six-String, ProTone, B2003, Minimax, Profit5, STS5000, Arpeg02...

- Effects: Interpole, Optimaster, PsyQ, Dynatube Bass...

3rd party:

- Zarg Solaris 5, Orion, Dark Star, CombPlusPro.

- SpaceF FAT inserts, FP104B Mixer, Multisynth

- Flexor 3

- DAS 2A, 1610++ compressors, D-Verb, REV 224, RMX-160A Reverbs, DYN PARA

- GOST Harmonic Bundle + Analyser

- SPL Transient Designer, Attacker

- Brainworx BX_Digital

- STW reverbs

- Z.Matrix

- Orbitone Impressor + Modulation Bundle

...among others. This system is ready for anything you want to do with sound.

The full keyfile is below. Some keys read a bit silly, because they had to be created one by one for version 5.1, following the system's specific requests, but they do work (Flexor is "modular", for eg. , SC Effects is "Compressor S", etc.) It took a while to do, but it's all sanctioned by Sonic Core support, meaning it's all legit. Please ask if you're in doubt about any specific plugins.

This System is fully operational at this moment, running on a Dual-Core MacBook Pro laptop, with Windows 7 32bit on Bootcamp.

Masterverb test scores 9 instances, which is really good for this sort of system.

Due to a hardware issue with the MacBookPro, the Express Card port itself doesn't work under Windows 64 bit, so I was unable to test it.

Details:

Scope DSP:

1x Scope Project Plus (6DSP), with Z-Link, ADAT, MIDI + balanced XLR I/O - Scope 5.0

1x Scope Professional (15 DSP), with 2x ADAT, MIDI + unbalanced RCA I/O - Scope 5.1

Expansion Rack:

Magma CB2 PCI to PCI-E, with Express Card.

Software:

6DSP:

SC SCOPE v5 Application
SC Basics
SC Effects
SC Mixers
SC Synths
SC Samplers
SC LX Reverbs
Modular v2 / Elektra
SC Modular v2
Modular v3
SC Modular v3
SC OptiMaster
SC PSY Q
SC SB 404
SC Vocodizer
SC Vinco
SC Interpole
SC VDAT=
VDAT=

15 DSP

Modular
Modular
MultiSynth
SONIC CORE SCOPE 5
Sequencer Midi Source 1
Compressor S
Modular
VDAT
Arpeg02
Optimaster
PSY Q
Vinco S
B-2003
Six-String v5
Prisma
Modular
MINIMAX
SC-Ambience
proTone
Modular
bx_digital
Solaris v5_0
z.matrix
Attacker Stereo
Transient Designer S
DYNPARA MS
DAS D-Verb
RMX160A
DAS-1610++ST
DAS-2A St
DynatubeBass
FAT-S
FP104B
Dark Star
CombPlusPro v3_0
Orion Custom
STM 1632
Flanga
Impressor 1.2
proTone
proTone
z.matrix
DynatubeBass
Prodyssey
Interpole
Vectron
Vocodizer
STS 2000P
STS 5000
Profit 5
Analyzer
Saw

Feel free to ask any questions. Thank you!
Tau

Re: For sale: 2xScope, Magma Chassis, 5.1, Flexor, Solaris,

Post by Tau »

Scope cards sold, the Chassis is now on Ebay (Best offer): http://www.ebay.com/itm/181311645949?ss ... 1555.l2649

Thank you!