frequency shifter weirdness

Anything about the Scope modular synths

Moderators: valis, garyb

Post Reply
User avatar
FrancisHarmany
Posts: 1078
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2002 4:00 pm
Location: Haarmania

frequency shifter weirdness

Post by FrancisHarmany »

I was playing with the frequency shifter and noticed something "weird". I think the frequency shifting is causing some sounds to be canceled out ? I dont know, you tell me :)

In the attached mp3 the second part is 'frequency shifted'. Modular device and screenshot also attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
User avatar
Roland Kuit
Posts: 670
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:42 pm
Location: NL/SWE
Contact:

Re: frequency shifter weirdness

Post by Roland Kuit »

I'm not behind my Xite-1 but it looks like phase cancelling to me.
You just made yourself a Harold Bode Shifter :)
Because the low shift I would expect a kind of panning.
Avant-electronic composer | synthesis research | lecturer
http://www.rolandkuit.com/
Post Reply