Bootcamp issues

An area for people to discuss Scope related problems, issues, etc.

Moderators: valis, garyb

AudioPimp

Bootcamp issues

Post by AudioPimp »

Hi All

Apologies if these issues have been covered in other posts. If they have, then links to them would be greatly appreciated.

I am a returning user to Scope and have just taken delivery of an Xite1, after selling my scope pci cards 3 years ago.
I have a custom windows 8 machine and have the xite running with Cubase 7.
Apart from getting used to assigning plugins to DSP's, I've no other issues at the moment...

I also have a 2009 17" Macbook Pro and I'm keen to have a working mobile rig.
I have encountered the following issues using Bootcamp and would appreciate any help solving them...

Windows 8 - Software installs fine. Have followed other posts advice to enable 'test signing' etc and install with administrative permissions. Driver install detects Scope PCI but hangs during the install. Haven't gotten any further...?

Windows 7 - Sotware installs fine. Driver installs fine. After reboot and on launch of the Scope software I receive the following messages:-

'Cannot start software because board(s) or driver not properly installed. Please check the installation.'
'Cannot gain access to the SCOPE hardware'

On closer examination of the 'system' settings, I've discovered that...

'This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)'

It also suggests disabling other devices to free up resource. I have disabled as much as I can in 'Device manager' but to no avail.

Any idea's?

Regards

Dominic
Tau

Re: Bootcamp issues

Post by Tau »

Hi,

I have had many troubles with the Express Card connector on Unibody Mac Pros, though I only tried it with a 15" model... Similar issues as you describe, had to give it up. The EC connector was dropped from the 15" after the 1st gen unibody, because it was so weak, but they kept it in the 17". Word on the web was that it worked well, but I'm guessing it might still have some problems...

I have used the XITE and an EC Magma box with PCIs on an older Macbook Pro, and it works perfectly, I think it's really the hardware that changed since entering the Unibodys...

I was able to find some help on http://forums.macrumors.com , maybe you can ask around there as well.

Good luck!

T
AudioPimp

Re: Bootcamp issues

Post by AudioPimp »

Thanks Tau